Subject: [Din] Althea blockchain mesh live demo

From: Jehan Tremback <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 16:37:03 -0700

Hello, someone posted about this group on the GAIA list. I thought you
might appreciate a project that myself and a small team of other
developers have been working on for a while. It's a system to let
routers pay each other for internet, using several Babel extensions and
extremely low-overhead cryptocurrency payments. We want this to
eventually replace ISPs with decentralized networks of individuals
running wireless and wired networking equipment. In the short term,
we're trying to roll it out with wireless ISPs in the US as a way to let
their customers do some of the work of expanding their networks.

Here's a live demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyFEYEcHJyA
And here's our whitepaper:
http://altheamesh.com/documents/whitepaper.pdf

I'll be presenting it at the GAIA group at IETF 100 in Singapore (with a
live participatory demo if I'm able to make it in person), and am happy
to present for this group as well, or just join in on the discussions.

-- 
  Jehan Tremback
  [email-masked]