Subject: [dispatch] Quick Answer usecase and requirement

From: Deepanshu Gautam <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 08:57:43 +0800

Dear all,
 
I have just submitted an I-D containing usecases and requirement for what I
call Quick Answer.
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-gautam-dispatch-quick-answer-00.txt
 
This concept was discussed in SIMPLE list/meeting some time ago and
requested for clear usecase and requirements. It was suggested to take this
to DISPATCH WG for more comments/reviews.
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/simple/current/msg08553.html

For summary: I defined Quick Answer as some readely avaliable IM to the
user, from which he can choose as and when required. These are created by
the user himself. The term "Canned responses" are used for the same purpose
elsewhere 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canned_response
http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2008/10/new-in-labs-canned-responses.html
 
I would appreciate any comments and opinions form the group.

Regards
Deepanshu

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 08:43:40 -0400

I took a quick look at this. It seems the essence of this is:

- a per-user database with text keys and text values
- a way for a client to query by key and get a value
- a way for client to query for all the keys
- a way for a client to revise the db

There are potentially many uses for such a thing besides quick answer.
There are also lots of potential solutions to this that don't involve 
SIP in any way.

So I don't see any reason to work on this in DISPATCH or RAI.

	Thanks,
	Paul

Deepanshu Gautam wrote:
> Dear all,
>  
> I have just submitted an I-D containing usecases and requirement for 
> what I call Quick Answer.
> requested for clear usecase and requirements. It was suggested to take 
> this to DISPATCH WG for more comments/reviews.
> user, from which he can choose as and when required. These are created 
> by the user himself. The term "Canned responses" are used for the same 
> purpose elsewhere
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> dispatch mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dispatch