Subject: Re: [dispatch] Open talk and investigation about HIP and SIP/IMS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 09:41:53 +0800

Hi Peter Musgrave,

Yes, HIT would be in URL and SDP. And I guess, IP address in application 
level protocal, especially for text based protocal, would be replaced by 
HIT.

And about IMS, it is baffling, by operators and manufacturer points of 
view. Operators really need a Core Network to deploy attractive 
applications beyond SIP. But IMS can not afford it. And this is the reason 
why I think people would need HIP as the base of telecom core network.

Thanks for you response and waiting for your more points.

Gao

===================================
 Zip    : 210012
 Tel    : 87211
 Tel2   :(+86)-025-52877211
 e_mail : [email-masked]
===================================

Peter Musgrave <[email-masked]> 
2010-04-30 18:34

收件人
[email-masked]
抄送
[email-masked]
主题
Re: [dispatch] Open talk and investigation about HIP and SIP/IMS

Hi Gao,

I am interested in the possibilities of HIP and SIP. (I can't speak to
IMS since I don't work in that area - and frankly find it all very
baffling).

There is a passing reference to HIP in the p2psip work.

How deeply to you see the interworking? Ideally in a "future perfect"
world I would like to use HITs in URLs and SDPs and then have the
socket do the NAT traversal for me as part of establishing the HIP
connection. Then NAT traversal can live in the IP stack and not in my
media/signalling code.

Regards,

Peter Musgrave

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.