Subject: Re: [dispatch] draft-rosenberg-dispatch-vipr-overview-02

From: Peter Musgrave <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 10:29:37 -0400

Hi Jonathan/Cullen,

I have a use-case question for ViPR.

Scenario:
Alice is at PSTN 1-800-111-1111 x1111
Bob is at PSTN 1-800-222-2222 x2222

Alice and Bob support ViPR and know their PSTN numbers - but may not
be the sole ViPR endpoints for the PSTN number within their
enterprises.
Neither Alice nor Bob's SIP-PSTN connection supports ViPR.

Alice calls Bob's PSTN number and sends digits 2222 to connect to Bob.
Both parties now have the shared secret of the PSTN call.

Alice then wants to call Bob again (and ideally ViPR should make this
a SIP call). So if Alice starts with dialing the PSTN number there is
no knowledge that it's Bob she wants to contact. If she learned Bob
has a SIP/ViPR endpoint could she be presented with a direct call
option?

Can ViPR make this a SIP call?

Regards,

Peter Musgrave

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 07:37:22 -0600

Hi Peter,

It seems to me the SIP call would only reach the same IVR where one would enter the x1111 inward dialing information. So the experience would be much the same. On the second call, Alice would dial 1-800-222-2222, then get the IVR where the 2222 got entered and would get a SIP call to Bob. I'm not sure I really understood the question you were asking so if this make no sense, lets figure out how to sort it out.

Cullen

> Can ViPR make this a SIP call?

Cullen Jennings
For corporate legal information go to:
http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html