Subject: [dispatch] Roman Danyliw's No Objection on charter-ietf-sframe-00-00: (with COMMENT)

From: Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2020 13:41:36 -0700

Roman Danyliw has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-sframe-00-00: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-sframe/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

** I share Éric Vyncke concerns with the bulleted list of what SFRAME
encapsulation will provide.  My recommendation would be to reframe this text
around what security properties/assurances/services this encapsulation will
provide (rather than a functional list).

** If configuring the security services is out of scope, where is it
anticipated that this signalling protocol work would occur?

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 09:43:34 -0400

Hi Roman,

The encapsulation provides exactly one service, authenticated encryption.
(Symmetric encryption, if that needs clarifying.)  So there's no question
of configuring security services.  I'll tighten things up to be clearer
about this.

--Richard

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 4:41 PM Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> --
> Sframe mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sframe
>