Subject: [Diversity] On gender diversity

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2013 07:58:02 +0200

Dear friends and colleagues,

I would like to bring to your attention an article in the New York
Times[1] on an effort that the Harvard Business School undertook to
address what they concluded was a deep rooted problem, regarding the
success of women both at the school and after.  The article contains a
number of interesting ideas the school leadership tried, such as using a
stenographer to record behaviors and actively reviewing what goes one,
real coaching, etc. that this group may want to consider using, but I
also wonder whether we might want to contact someone at HBS. 

Eliot
[1]
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/08/education/harvard-case-study-gender-equity.html?hpw&_r=0

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 11:17:01 +0200

Hi Lear,

I would like to know your comments on the article and how we can use
it in IETF. I could not read the article, but my comment on the
subject is that IETF should consider gender diversity into its
procedure or practices, because I see that only male gender is
dominating in all work-positions without knowing clear reasons.
Furthermore, the behavior of the dominated gender is not suitable for
the other to perform well or even to continue participating. The
IETFers behavior should change to better improvements (i.e. adaptive,
more sensitive, acknowledging, and welcoming).

Regards
AB

On 9/8/13, Eliot Lear <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> diversity mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diversity
>