Subject: [dix] Report on DIX meeting

From: John Merrells <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 03:08:45 -0800

There was a DIX meeting held during the 64th IETF in
Vancouver. The meeting was about IETF process.
The attendees were:

Jim Sermersheim, Prasanta Behera, Kurt Zeilenga,
Scott Hollenbeck, John Merrells, Dick Hardt,
RL 'Bob' Morgan, and Ben Laurie.

The topic of conversation was around the process of starting a
standardization effort within the IETF. The conclusion was that
a BOF meeting should be requested for the next IETF.  In order
for that request to be accepted we as a group need to do some
preparation work. The first step will be to write a proposed
charter for the group. I will endeavor to prepare a draft over
the next few days and will present it to the list for discussion.

There was also an enjoyable social event evening where we
partook of some fine wines and snacks.

John

_______________________________________________
dix mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dix