Subject: [dix] DIX Social during the Vancouver IETF

From: John Merrells <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 11:43:26 +0000

Hello,

Here are the details of the DIX social to be held during the
IETF meeting in Vancouver.

Date: Wednesday November 9th
Time: 7:30+
Place: The Crimelab Restaurant
Agenda: Drinks and snacks.

There are some handy links below. I'll be in Vancouver from
this evening. Email/Call me if you need further information...

John
+1-415-244-5808

Resources:

The Crimelab Restaurant, 1280 West Pender St.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1280+West+pender+st, 
+vancouver&iwloc=A&hl=en

The Westin Bayshore, 1601 Bayshore Drive

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1601+Bayshore+Drive, 
+vancouver&iwloc=A&hl=en

_______________________________________________
dix mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dix

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 07:37:50 -0800

John,

this is the first messages I've seen to the DIX list since I joined.

Would you mind sending out a couple of messages indicating what you want to 
talk about on Wednesday?

In particular:

> Time: 3:10-4:10
> Place: Capilano Room, The Westin Bayshore
> Agenda: Discussion of DIX within the IETF. (Process. Goals.
> Participants. Etc.)

based on the information you've sent out - ZERO - about what DIX is, what 
you think you can achieve here, and who in the IETF community should be 
concerned, I have absolutely no choice but to skip the meeting based on "no 
information available".

Not that I could show up anyway; it's in collision with the following 
meetings:

1510-1610 Afternoon Session II

Oak		GEN	pesci	Process Evolution Consideration for the IETF BOF
Salon 1		INT	pana	Protocol for Carrying Authentication for Network...
Salon 2/3	RTG	isis	IS-IS for IP Internets WG	
Salon C		SEC	mobike	IKEv4 Mobility and Multihoming WG	
Cypress		TSV	fecframe	FEC over Transport Framework BOF	
Salon A/B	TSV	xcon	Centralized Conferencing WG

and I have to be at PESCI.

                           Harald

                   Harald

---

From: Dick Hardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 10:32:23 -0800

John just got on a plane, so I'll attempt to add some colour to the  
meeting.

Here is the copy from a post about the meeting http://identity20.com/? 
p=39

There have been discussions amongst members of the IETF community  
about creating a Working Group to consider protocols for exchange of  
digital identity information. The purpose of any Working Group is to  
bring all interested parties together to work on common standards for  
interoperation. Everyone interested in making Identity 2.0 a reality  
should be involved. To this end, at the next IETF, there is to be a  
process meeting to discuss IETF procedures and a social event for  
building community support for the effort.

There is a short video of my talk at Web 2.0 here if you would like  
know what I think Identity 2.0 is:
	http://www.identity20.com/media/WEB2_2005/

And there is mailing lists and discussion rooted from here:
	http://www.identitygang.org/

-- Dick

On 6-Nov-05, at 7:37 AM, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

> Would you mind sending out a couple of messages indicating what you  
> want to talk about on Wednesday?
>
> In particular:
>
> based on the information you've sent out - ZERO - about what DIX  
> is, what you think you can achieve here, and who in the IETF  
> community should be concerned, I have absolutely no choice but to  
> skip the meeting based on "no information available".
>
> Not that I could show up anyway; it's in collision with the  
> following meetings:
>

---

From: "Scott Hollenbeck" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 13:46:21 -0500

I need to make something clear about the "process" meeting.  It's NOT
intended to be an open meeting for anyone that cares to attend.  I offered
to meet with John and a small number of other people to talk about how the
IETF works and how the DIX topic might need to be tailored to fit into the
IETF.  The room I've reserved for that conversation will hold no more than
10 people.  I've asked John to manage the invitations to ensure that we stay
below that number.

-Scott-