Subject: [dix] A draft is needed

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 12:20:44 +0100

hi all,

i went through the previous discussions on the mailing list and
i have to conclude that i am not sure what you would like to accomplish.

could you please write a draft to give us a better idea what you would 
like to do? be as specific as possible. for example, if you state that 
saml is too complex then you might want to justify where you see the 
complexity.

ciao
hannes

_______________________________________________
dix mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dix

---

From: Peter Buonora <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 11:01:14 -0500

Hello,

I agree. It is great that people are sharing all of their ideas, but it 
seems there is not enough focus on the specifics. So far the discussion 
has spanned such a wide range of issues from probability based security 
and rewriting SAML to authentication and attribute models. What exactly 
is the group honing in on and can everyone agree on it?

It would also help to have a visual mapping that shows what piece of the 
identity puzzle DIX will standardize and how it will fit into the modern 
identity system.

Thanks,
Peter

---

From: John Merrells <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 10:43:57 -0800

On 17-Jan-06, at 3:20 AM, Hannes Tschofenig wrote:

> could you please write a draft to give us a better idea what you  
> would like to do?

I'm currently working on an individual submission internet-draft that  
documents
how we at Sxip Identity have implemented a 'digital identity  
exchange' protocol'.

Note that this is an 'individual' document, rather than a 'working  
group' document.
We are publishing this to inform the discussion on the mailing list,  
and as input
to a BOF (should one be arranged for the next IETF meeting).

John