Subject: [dix] Next Steps

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 13:22:54 +0100

hi all, 

i asked for a draft and received one: draft-merrells-dix-01.txt
thanks. it was certainly interesting to read through it.

bob has given a short overview of the history of the identity work. it
also showed that there is already a lot of stuff out there. 

i would like to know whether you plan to write one (or multiple
documents) that contains
- a short problem statement (why you need to start this work)
- requirements (what new requirements are impacting your work; might be
interesting with respect to the existing work)
- scenarios (what are new scenarios you have in mind; otherwise
reference other work here)
- assumptions / framework (in the mailing list discussion i had the
impression that the assumptions are very similar to those made in the
saml websso profile) 
- a discussion about the differences to the state-of-the-art (i am
particuarly interested in this aspect because of the work on saml,
liberty alliance, ws-federation, etc.)
  
thanks in advance. 

ciao
hannes

_______________________________________________
dix mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dix

---

From: Jeff Hodges <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 15:55:18 -0800

> liberty alliance, ws-federation, etc.)

+1

JeffH