Subject: [dix] IETF 65 BOF Announcement: Digital Identity Exchange (DIX)

From: John Merrells <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 18:28:21 -0800

An announcement of a DIX BOF at IETF 65 just went out on the  
[email-masked] mailing list.

The announcement message is below. It includes a draft agenda. Of  
course the draft of the proposed charter and the agenda are both up  
for bashing before we meet in Dallas. If we can make some progress on  
use cases I'd love to see that added.

I hope to meet many of you in person in Dallas, March 19-24. I  
foolishly offered up some beer tokens a while back and I suspect  
there will be people trying to cash them in. So, let me know if  
you're attending!

John

-----

Name of the BOF

Digital Identity Exchange (DIX)

Area:

Applications

Chairs:

Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
John Merrells <[email-masked]>

Sponsoring Area Directors:

Scott Hollenbeck <[email-masked]>
Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>

BOF Description

Objectives

1. To consider the creation of a new IETF working group within the  
Applications Area  titled "Digital Identity Exchange".  The proposed  
charter for such a working group is referenced below.

2. To discuss and hone the scope of a DIX working group.

3. To discuss the architectural requirements that derive from the  
laws of identity identified by ‘The Identity Gang’ at ‘The Berkman  
Center for Internet & Society, Harvard Law School’. Referenced below.

4. To discuss existing architectural implementations within the  
context of these requirements. An individual submission Internet  
Draft that describes one such implementation is referenced below,  
named ‘draft-merrells-dix-00.txt’

5. To determine if there is enough interest and commitment to form a  
Working Group and if so to then discuss what the specific goals and  
milestones of that working group would be.

BOF Agenda

Introduction and Agenda Discussion (5 min)
Scope Discussion (10 min)
Identity Laws and Architectural Requirements (10 min)
Existing Architecture Presentations (30 min)
Call for Participation (5 min)
Deliverables Discussion (15 min )
Open Discussion (any remaining time)

Documents

Charter Draft: http://dixs.org/index.php/DIX_Charter
DIX Protocol ID: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-merrells- 
dix-00.txt
DIX Protocol ID: http://dixs.org/index.php/DIX_Protocol_ID
Identity Laws: http://www.identityblog.com/stories/2004/12/09/ 
thelaws.html

_______________________________________________
dix mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dix