Subject: Re: SAML and REST - was Re: [dix] DIX use cases

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 13:30:38 -0700

On Mar 23, 2006, at 11:50 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

> No!  I think the intended scope of DIX is to work within the  
> existing HTTP capabilities.  In fact, DIX is intended to work in an  
> HTML/browser environment, rather than in non-HTML applications such  
> as WEBDAV or even browser-based AJAX schemes.
>
> I'd like to discuss changes to HTTP somewhere, but probably not on  
> the DIX list.
>
There is a list specifically to discuss HTTP Authentication: <http:// 
lists.osafoundation.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ietf-http-auth>

I had hoped that this list would at least identify a problem  
statement around what needs to be fixed, if anything, in HTTP  
authentication.  Possible problem statements might involve fixing the  
signature algorithms or allowing 3rd-party identity statements.

Lisa

> Terry

_______________________________________________
dix mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dix