Subject: [dix] Extant Applicable Security Glossaries

From: Jeff Hodges <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 07:34:02 -0700

Here's pointers to hopefully useful glossaries...

HTH,

JeffH
-----

Internet Security Glossary
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2828.txt

Internet Security Glossary, Version 2
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shirey-secgloss-v2-04.txt

SAMLv2: Glossary
http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/v2.0/saml-glossary-2.0-os.pdf

Liberty Technical Glossary v2-05
http://www.projectliberty.org/specs/draft-liberty-glossary-v2.0-05.pdf

Note that all of the above have extensive references to the work they are built 
upon. Also note that the SAMLv2 and Liberty glossaries are examples of going 
through the exercise of "profiling"/"reusing" existing terminology for use 
within a particular context, SAMLv2 being particularly relevant to the WAE 
discussion.

Also worthwhile to point out is Lynn Wheeler's overall glossary, which composes 
the widest collection of extant glossaries that I know of, so it is 
particularly useful for figuring out how various constituencies are using any 
particular term (or whether they are using it at all)

http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/secure.htm

Note that the references for Lynn's sec gloss are listed on the page "above" 
the gloss...

http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/

---
end

_______________________________________________
dix mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dix

---

From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 10:36:55 -0400 (EDT)

Also, the "identity gang" lexicon:

   http://identitygang.org/Lexicon

  - RL "Bob"

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006, Jeff Hodges wrote:

> Note that all of the above have extensive references to the work they are 
> built upon. Also note that the SAMLv2 and Liberty glossaries are examples of 
> going through the exercise of "profiling"/"reusing" existing terminology for 
> use within a particular context, SAMLv2 being particularly relevant to the 
> WAE discussion.
>
> Also worthwhile to point out is Lynn Wheeler's overall glossary, which 
> composes the widest collection of extant glossaries that I know of, so it is