Subject: [dmarc-ietf] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-crocker-dmarc-bcp-01.txt

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 07:26:08 -0700

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-crocker-dmarc-bcp-01.txt
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 07:25:27 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-crocker-dmarc-bcp-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Dave Crocker and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-crocker-dmarc-bcp
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Using DMARC
Creation date:	 2013-04-01
Group:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 27
URL: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crocker-dmarc-bcp-01.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-crocker-dmarc-bcp
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-crocker-dmarc-bcp-01
Diff:            http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-crocker-dmarc-bcp-01

Abstract:
    Email abuse often relies on unauthorized use of a domain name, such
    as one belonging to a well-known company (brand).  SPF and DKIM
    provide basic domain name authentication methods for email.  A recent
    industry effort built an additional authentication-based layer,
    called Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance
    (DMARC).  It allows a sender to indicate that their emails are
    protected by SPF and/or DKIM, and tells a receiver what to do if
    neither of those authentication methods passes; it also provides a
    reporting mechanism, from receivers back to domain owners.  Such
    capabilities over the public Internet are unusual and their use is
    not yet well-understood.  This document formulates a set of best
    practices for the use of DMARC.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking
  bbiw.net

-- 
  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking
  bbiw.net