Subject: [dmarc-ietf] p= ordering

From: Tomki Camp <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 16:42:29 -0700

5.2 has 'A DMARC policy record MUST comply with the formal specification
found in Section 5.3
<http://www.blackops.org/%7Emsk/dmarc/draft-dmarc-base.html#dmarc_abnf>  in
that the "v" and "p" tags MUST be present and MUST appear in that order.'

In the spec at 5.3, we have 'components other than dmarc-version and
dmarc-request may appear in any order'

http://www.blackops.org/~msk/dmarc/draft-dmarc-base.html#dmarc_abnf

I had originally taken this to mean that the p= tag had to be immediately
after the v=.  However in asking some providers, their enforcement and
parsing does not care where in the record the p= appears.
With that in mind, can the wording specifying the order of appearance of p=
be stricken?  Stating that v= must always be first, and p= must appear in
policy records, should be sufficient.

regards,
--
Tomki Camp, Director of Support & Services
<https://agari.zendesk.com/forums/21166716-Tips-Tricks>
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>  ‡ www.agari.com
<http://www.agari.com>
 O: 650.645.9625 ‡ M: 415.779.2854
Changing Email Security, For Good

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 05:45:29 -0700

> http://www.blackops.org/~msk/dmarc/draft-dmarc-base.html#dmarc_abnf
Just to be clear, the authoritative version is here:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kucherawy-dmarc-base/

The cited link is an old one that is for private use and may not be current.

-MSK