Subject: [dmarc-ietf] draft-kucherawy-dmarc-base haircut

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 11:07:45 -0700

Colleagues,

As you know, the DMARC base draft is being processed via the Independent
Stream.  Procedurally it's ready to move forward toward publication, with
the caveat that the prose in it needs a serious haircut.  (There is also
the option to split the document before publishing it, but I don't think
we're going to go that route.)

I'm in the process of doing a pass through it to get rid of prose we don't
really need, or be less verbose in other areas, etc., to give it the
trimming it needs.  If anyone has any suggestions or would like to help
with this work, please let me know privately.

Note that absolutely no technical additions, changes, or deletions will be
entertained.  This is just about the descriptive text and maybe the
examples, or anything we can rework or remove to lean the document without
touching the technology.  Technical changes are a potential later work item
for this working group.

Thanks,
-MSK