Subject: [dmarc-ietf] M3AAWG Contribution to Milestone 1 Work

From: Todd Herr <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 15:46:31 -0400

Greetings.

My name is Todd Herr, and I work for Return Path. I'm writing to you today
as a representative of M3AAWG.

At M3AAWG's 31st Meeting in Belgium this past summer, some work began on a
document that was an attempt to enumerate the most common use cases for
parties impacted by a mailbox provider's publishing a p=reject policy, as
well as mitigation strategies for same. Between June and our most recent
meeting last week in Boston, as our document started to take shape, it was
pointed out that this working group was engaged in an effort that was quite
similar to M3AAWG's.

​Last week in Boston, a meeting was held among interested parties, and it
was decided that M3AAWG should abandon our work as a separate product, and
instead contribute what we have to Milestone 1. Along with this
contribution of our work product will come at least one person (me) willing
to further contribute time and effort to getting this work done.

The document M3AAWG has worked on is still in a rough format, but should be
visible and open to commenting to all who wish to do so at this location:

​
 DMARC Freemail Mitigation
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FmpjGqLzjInXa_YTNo2HkoN681YobG6nwi7AhCFY8Xw/edit?usp=drive_web>
​
Thank you for reading, and I look forward to trying to contribute in
meaningful ways to this group's efforts.

-- 
Todd