Subject: [dmarc-ietf] [dmarc] #5 (): Definition of "pct" parameter

From: "dmarc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 04:56:29 -0000

#5: Definition of "pct" parameter

 Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
 Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 13:43:08 -0800
 From: Jim Fenton <[email-masked]>
 To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
 Subject: [dmarc-ietf] Comments on dmarc-base-09

 [...]
 Section 5.3, definition of pct: parameter: "However, this MUST NOT be
 applied to the DMARC-generated reports, all of which must be sent and
 received unhindered." This is strong normative language, but there is no
 procedure specified anywhere for how to identify a DMARC-generated
 report in order to apply this requirement. Consider the possibility that
 bad actors may try to craft messages to look like DMARC reports.
 [...]

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Reporter:                |      Owner:
  [email-masked]    |     Status:  new
    Type:  defect        |  Milestone:  Deliverable #3 (changes to DMARC
Priority:  major         |  base spec + DMARC Usage Guide
 Version:                |   Severity:  -
Keywords:                |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dmarc/trac/ticket/5>
dmarc <http://tools.ietf.org/dmarc/>