Subject: [dmarc-ietf] [dmarc] #3 (): Two tiny nits

From: "dmarc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 04:51:17 -0000

#3: Two tiny nits

 To: [email-masked]
 From: Anne Bennett <[email-masked]>
 Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 19:41:29 -0500
 Subject: [dmarc-ietf] ... and two more tiny nits, while I'm at it

 Having just spent several hours poring over this document
 (-12), I might as well send my additional minor observations.
 I suspect that some of you will consider these items trivial,
 but they gave me pause as I went back and forth through several
 sections of the text to make sure I understood correctly.  So...

 In "6.6.2. Determine Handling Policy", items 3 and 4, it
 would be helpful to make it clear whether only "passed" checks
 are passed back from SPF and DKIM to DMARC modules, or only
 "pass/fail", or all results including temporary errors.

 In "6.6.3 Policy discovery", item 3, I think you mean that
 the OD must be looked up if AND ONLY IF the set is now empty.
 Otherwise, one does run the risk of ending up with several
 records, which item 5 implies is erroneous.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Reporter:                |      Owner:
  [email-masked]    |     Status:  new
    Type:  defect        |  Milestone:  Deliverable #3 (changes to DMARC
Priority:  major         |  base spec + DMARC Usage Guide
 Version:                |   Severity:  -
Keywords:                |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dmarc/trac/ticket/3>
dmarc <http://tools.ietf.org/dmarc/>