Subject: [dmarc-ietf] New draft published: draft-davids-dmarc-fi-tag

From: "Marco Davids (IETF IMAP)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 10:42:03 +0200

Dear list,

A new Internet-draft has been uploaded:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-davids-dmarc-fi-tag/

Abstract:

   This document extends the DMARC (RFC7489) record format by defining
   an additional tag.  This new tag, the "fi" tag, is to be used in
   conjunction with the "ruf" tag.  It enables a simple way of rate
   limiting the message-specific failure reporting on the request of a
   Domain Owner.

The rationale behind this draft was an event where a large e-mail
service continued to send many thousands of ruf-reports, literally
overwhelming receiving mail servers. I believe the DMARC-standard could
benefit from the small enhancement I propose in my draft and I am very
much looking forward to your opinions and feedback.

If the draft is received positivly, I am more than happy to take it a
step further by improving it and put it up for adoption by the WG, or
whatever else is deemed useful.

Thank you.

-- 
Marco