Subject: [dmarc-ietf] looking for collaborator for Usage Guide

From: Tim Draegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 21:44:04 -0800

Hi all, I'm looking to collaborate with someone on the creation of the DMARC Usage Guide. The Usage Guide is mentioned in the WG Charter as "3. DMARC Usage":

  https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/dmarc/charter/

If you or a colleague would be interested in this work, please contact me off list. Thanks!
=- Tim

---

From: Peter Goldstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 09:41:36 -0800

Hi Tim,

Mike Jones, Thede Loder, and I have already started work on the DMARC Usage
Guide.  We'd love to loop you in on the process.  We can coordinate off
list.

Best,

Peter

On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 9:44 PM, Tim Draegen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi all, I'm looking to collaborate with someone on the creation of the
> DMARC Usage Guide. The Usage Guide is mentioned in the WG Charter as "3.
> DMARC Usage":
>
> _______________________________________________
> dmarc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dmarc
>

-- 

Bringing Trust to Email

Peter Goldstein | CTO & Co-Founder

[email-masked]
+1.415.793.5783 <(415)%20793-5783>

---

From: Scott Kitterman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 03:35:17 +0000

Would you mind sending a link to what you have done so far? I'd like to see if I have anything to contribute.

Scott K

On February 21, 2017 12:41:36 PM EST, Peter Goldstein <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> If you or a colleague would be interested in this work, please
>contact me
>> off list. Thanks!
>> =- Tim
>>
>>

---

From: Michiel van de Vis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 08:45:49 +0100

Hello,

I'd also like to see your current document and how I could contribute.

Regards
Michiel
DMARC Analyzer

Op 22 feb. 2017 04:35 schreef "Scott Kitterman" <[email-masked]>:

Would you mind sending a link to what you have done so far? I'd like to see
if I have anything to contribute.

Scott K

---

From: Mike Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 07:30:07 -0800

Hi Scott et al.,

When Peter, Thede, and I spoke recently about the DMARC usage guide, it was
in the context of seeing if we could do some work on this and perhaps help
pick up some activity in the working group in doing so.  I'm happy to see
Tim's outreach on it at about the same time.  The only work I've done so
far is to begin reviewing the already published guide,
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-crocker-dmarc-bcp-03, to see if that can
be a starting point. I'm sure much of it needs updated or re-written, but I
think it can be a start.  I contributed a couple of sections to this
document when it was written a couple of years ago.

So my recommendation for anyone interested is to read this,
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-crocker-dmarc-bcp-03.   We can
collaborate on where it is incomplete or outdated, and revise as needed.

Thanks,
Mike

---

From: Tim Draegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 14:39:44 -0500

> On Feb 24, 2017, at 10:30 AM, Mike Jones <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> So my recommendation for anyone interested is to read this, https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-crocker-dmarc-bcp-03 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-crocker-dmarc-bcp-03>.   We can collaborate on where it is incomplete or outdated, and revise as needed.

Thanks Mike, I'll review too.

I'm starting off with an outline for people to review based on the content of the linked draft and what is spelled out as being needed in the charter.

Once the outline is ~OK, people can bite off chunks to fill out. Enough people from different areas have volunteered to make this approach viable.

=- Tim