Subject: [dmarc-ietf] For fodder for F2F at IETF99 (was: Authentication-Results stamp for ARC)

From: "Kurt Andersen (b)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 13:50:38 +0800

(Reposting with adjusted subject)

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 9:46 AM, Kurt Andersen (b) <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Barry et al,
>
> On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 1:14 AM, Seth Blank <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> The current spec defines an arc authres method (
>> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol-03#section-8.1
>> ).
>>
>> We believe there should also be registered ptypes and properties, that
>> should be stamped (but are not required, as they won't always be available).
>>
>> As long as AR stamping happens at the end of chain validation, when an
>> ARC set gets created this stamp will be included in the AAR, and AAR
>> construction can be clean with no additional language or requirements
>> necessary in the spec.
>>
>
> This area seems like something that would be productively explored in a
> F2F since it is pretty undefined right now and there are some divergent
> opinions kicking around... (see the thread with Brandon and Scott so far)
>
> --Kurt
>

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 21:42:40 +0900

How long do we think we need for this discussion?

b

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 2:50 PM, Kurt Andersen (b) <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> The current spec defines an arc authres method
>>> (https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol-03#section-8.1).
>>>
> _______________________________________________
> dmarc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dmarc
>

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 15:26:30 -0700

>> opinions kicking around... (see the thread with Brandon and Scott so far)
Section 9 of this draft should be a pretty good starting point:
http://blackops.org/~msk/draft-kucherawy-dmarc-arc-base.txt

Maybe I should submit to the datatracker this just to make it more easy to
reference bits of it, even if we don't use it?

-MSK

---

From: Seth Blank <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 16:42:20 -0700

AR might be 10-15 minutes.

What to do to transport the source_ip, which is valuable to report
consumers but doesn't appear to belong in the AR/AAR, could be a
contentious and therefore longer discussion.

-- 

Bringing Trust to Email

Seth Blank | Head of Product for Open Source and Protocols
[email-masked]
+1-415-894-2724 <415-894-2724>