Subject: [dmarc-ietf] 100% of the false positives in my gmail spam filter are from ietf-dmarc

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 18:36:43 -0600

I do not know why, for for at least the last month, 100% of the false 
positive, marked spam, in my gmail inbox, are all from 
[email-masked] mailing list.

About 5-10% of the DMARC mailing list gets marked spam.

-- 

Doug Royer - (http://DougRoyer.US  http://goo.gl/yrxJTu )
[email-masked]
714-989-6135

---

From: Benny Pedersen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 02:54:54 +0200

> About 5-10% of the DMARC mailing list gets marked spam.

Authentication-Results: linode.junc.eu; dmarc=fail (p=none dis=none) 
header.from=gmail.com
Authentication-Results: linode.junc.eu;
	dkim=pass (1024-bit key) header.d=ietf.org header.i=@ietf.org 
header.b=GhOLk1IT;
	dkim=fail reason="signature verification failed" (2048-bit key) 
header.d=gmail.com header.i=@gmail.com header.b=eVzC0HQB;
	dkim-atps=neutral

seems maillists breaks dkim :/

---

From: Brandon Long <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 18:16:32 -0700

Some of us posting to the list are from dmarc p=reject domains (like me),
and although Gmail will detect the mailing list and not reject, it just
downgrades to quarantine.

Unfortunately, the unmark as spam won't correct for this, either.

This is the problem arc is trying to solve.

You can add a filter for list:ietf.org never mark as spam, just realize
there is a small number of spam messages that go to ietf mailing lists.

Brandon

On May 30, 2017 5:55 PM, "Benny Pedersen" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> dmarc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dmarc
>