Subject: [dmarc-ietf] Another question for the group: A-R --> AAR, should we convert the authserv-id into a tag-spec?

From: Kurt Andersen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 14:30:07 +0200

When creating the AAR, would it be worth regularizing the authserv-id into
tag-spec format? I know that most of the current implementations are taking
the approach of stripping the leading "i=" tag-spec and then feeding the
rest of the line to existing A-R parsers. If we changed to have the
authserv-id tagged, the stripping would just have to go through the
"authserv-id=" string too rather than the ";" that follows the "i="
tag-spec.

--Kurt

---

From: Brandon Long <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 22:17:18 -0700

That would also raise the question of where the semicolon would be.

Arc-Authentication-Result: i=1 authserv-id=mx.google.com;

Or

Arc-Authentication-Result: i=1; authserv-id=mx.google.com;

Anyways, how does this help things?  You can't use a simple parser anyways
because of the multiple tag-specs per semicolon delimited list and the
overly permissive cfws in the authres spec.

Brandon

On Jul 19, 2017 5:30 AM, "Kurt Andersen" <[email-masked]> wrote:

--Kurt

_______________________________________________
dmarc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dmarc

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 09:16:23 +0200

> On 20 Jul 2017, at 07:17, Brandon Long <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

I think the idea was to use the latter.
> 
> Anyways, how does this help things?  You can't use a simple parser anyways because of the multiple tag-specs per semicolon delimited list and the overly permissive cfws in the authres spec.

Good point. It would be better to leave AAR as is then.
> When creating the AAR, would it be worth regularizing the authserv-id into tag-spec format? I know that most of the current implementations are taking the approach of stripping the leading "i=" tag-spec and then feeding the rest of the line to existing A-R parsers. If we changed to have the authserv-id tagged, the stripping would just have to go through the "authserv-id=" string too rather than the ";" that follows the "i=" tag-spec.
> 
> --Kurt
>