Subject: [dmarc-ietf] Report from the IETF99 hackathon on ARC

From: "Kurt Andersen (b)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 21:52:38 +0200

We had 6-8 people through the weekend working on various interoperability
things:

   - Andreas Schulze was able to obtain openarc.org and has stood up a
   forwarder using OpenARC to process the mail both with verification on the
   way in and sealing on the way out, but the AMS which are generated fail
   signature validation :-( but the ARC-Seal headers are good!
   - Steven Jones worked with getting OpenARC to build on FreeBSD and Debian
   - Juri Haberland contributed patches and pull requests to fix various
   issues in the OpenARC repo (working remotely)
   - Barry Lieba provided moral support and kept tabs on the overall work
   effort
   - Chris Newman worked on building an independent implementation for DKIM
   and ARC that can be used within the Oracle messaging suite (I'm sure it has
   some more official name)
   - Kurt Andersen worked on testing interoperability between Google, AOL,
   dkimpy, OpenARC, MailerQ, and Rspamd
   - Bron Gondwana and one of the other FastMail guys (sorry that I didn't
   catch the name) worked on adding ARC analysis to their PERL
   Mail::Milter::Authentication module (
   https://github.com/fastmail/authentication_milter/). At the end of the
   hackathon, they had something that would evaluate the validity of ARC
   chains working!
   - Alexey Melnikov dropped by just before the hackathon presentations
   kicked off - he is building an independent C-based ARC implementation.

You can see more details and various notes from the participants in the
interop at https://bit.ly/arc-interop7 . My apologies to anyone that I've
left out of the participation list. Please chime in with any other notable
findings or questions.

--Kurt Andersen