Subject: Re: [dmarc-ietf] DMARC-WG F2F @ IETF101

From: "Kurt Andersen (b)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 11:53:18 -0500

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 2:05 PM, Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> > I'd like to request a F2F meeting in London at IETF101. I plan to create
> a
> > WGLC-eligible draft as soon as the 7601bis-01 work lands in a form that
> can
> > be referenced by the protocol spec.
> >
> > Ideally we could launch WGLC for the ARC protocol before the end of
> > February.
>
> Let's change that from "ideally" to a firm commitment, can we? Progress
> hasn't been ideal, and we need to set schedules that we'll keep.
>

Still waiting for 7601bis-01 to be released (unless I've missed that
notice).

> > IETF101 would be a great opportunity to discuss the next steps for the
> WG.
>
> I'm happy to have that time; I will request a one-hour session.

Sounds good

> I expect that we won't be spending any of that session time on the ARC
> protocol document itself.

We may want to chat a bit about the adjacent document for evolving signing
algorithms but I think that the protocol doc should be settled.

> Ideally (ah, there's that word...) we can spend some time reviewing early
> results of using ARC in the field.
>
> In other words, let's see some implementations and find out how well this
> works in practice.

Sure - though I think we already have that info now and I'd be surprised to
find any material changes in the next 6 weeks. There will be some
discussions in SF at M3AAWG in a couple of weeks that may help to put the
information into more readily consumable form.

--Kurt

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 18:53:59 -0800

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 8:53 AM, Kurt Andersen (b) <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> > I'd like to request a F2F meeting in London at IETF101. I plan to
>> create a

It's been sent to the datatracker and is awaiting WG chair approval as a WG
document.

-MSK

---

From: "Kurt Andersen (b)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 22:33:28 -0500

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 9:53 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>>> > WGLC-eligible draft as soon as the 7601bis-01 work lands in a form
>>> that can
> It's been sent to the datatracker and is awaiting WG chair approval as a
> WG document.
>

I thought that only the initial version of a document required chair-bump.
Revisions to the documents have only taken author confirmation for me.

--Kurt

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2018 03:58:21 +0000

The previous version was an individual submission, so this is the -00
version for the working group.

I’m off to approve it now.

b

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 10:33 PM Kurt Andersen (b) <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> dmarc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dmarc
>