Subject: Re: [dmarc-ietf] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol-16.txt

From: Ken O'Driscoll <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2018 18:14:25 +0100

Apologies if this has already been caught by others.

Just spotted some small typos in section 8. Was reading this specific
section in connection with something GDPR (the fun!) related.

8.  Privacy Considerations

   The Authenticated Received Chain provides a verifiable record of the
   handlers for a message.  This record may include Personally
   Identifiable Information such as IP address and domain names.  Such
   information is also including in existing header fields such as the
   "Received" header field.

a) Suggest "IP addresses" to match plural for "domain names" or make it "an
IP address".

b) Replace "including" with "included" because it's grammatically
incorrect. 

c) Suggest "exiting non-ARC related header fields" to distinguish that
these are absolutely nothing to do with the protocol. It may be obvious to
us but  not to those who may discount implementation because they think it
adds new risk.

Ken.

---

From: Seth Blank <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2018 14:11:42 -0700

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 10:14 AM, Ken O'Driscoll <ken=40wemonitoremail.com@

> us but  not to those who may discount implementation because they think it

Thanks for these catches; all suggested changes have been made.

>
> Ken.
>
> _______________________________________________
> dmarc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dmarc
>