Subject: [dmarc-ietf] Post-WGLC revision draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol-17

From: Kurt Andersen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2018 19:42:16 -0700

This version incorporates all of the feedback received during the WGLC with
the exception of generating new examples for Appendix B. As such it should
be good to progress to the next round toward the Editors' desk.

Note that there is one small tweak which may cause some former
implementation mismatch. When recording the sending IP address for message,
we previously had tagged it as smtp.client-ip; but to clarify that this is
machine to machine and not PII, the name was changed to smtp.remote-ip.

Otherwise there are no substantive changes to the protocol. Following the
suggestions made by Dave Crocker, I've attempted to further clarify some of
the language pertaining to "authentication assessment" being the operative
element being conveyed through the ARC chain of header fields.

--Kurt

Name:           draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol
Revision:       17
Title:          Authenticated Received Chain (ARC) Protocol
Document date:  2018-10-01
Group:          dmarc
Pages:          38
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol-17.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol-17
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol-17