Subject: [dmarc-ietf] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol-18

From: Ines Robles <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2018 03:49:22 -0700

Reviewer: Ines Robles
Review result: Almost Ready

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol-18
Reviewer: Ines Robles
Review Date: 11-03-2018
IETF LC End Date: 11-06-2018
IESG Telechat date: (if known)

Summary:

I believe the draft is technically good. This document is well written and
clear to understand.

This document describes the Authenticated Received Chain (ARC) protocol, which
provides an authenticated "chain of custody" for a message, allowing each
entity that handles the message to see what entities handled it before, and to
see what the message's authentication assessment was at each step in the
handling.

I like that the document mentions the available implementations.

Major issues: Not found

Minor issues:

There is a TODO in Appendix B, so I suppose further information will be added
to the draft later.

Nits/editorial comments:

Page 18: “ptypes” →types
Page 22: “concocted” → connected?

Thank you for this draft.

Ines

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 11:33:28 +0700

> Page 22: “concocted” → connected?

As Scott K says, "ptypes" is correct as written.

"Concocted" is also correct as written.

Barry

---

From: Ines Robles <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 12:10:53 +0700

Thank you very much for the corrections!

Ines