Subject: [dmarc-ietf] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol-21.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2018 00:49:49 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Authenticated Received Chain (ARC) Protocol
        Authors         : Kurt Andersen
                          Brandon Long
                          Seth Blank
                          Murray Kucherawy
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol-21.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2018-11-07

Abstract:
   The Authenticated Received Chain (ARC) protocol provides an
   authenticated "chain of custody" for a message, allowing each entity
   that handles the message to see what entities handled it before, and
   to see what the message's authentication assessment was at each step
   in the handling.

   ARC allows Internet Mail Handlers to attach assertions of message
   authentication assessment to individual messages.  As messages
   traverse ARC-enabled Internet Mail Handlers, additional ARC
   assertions can be attached to messages to form ordered sets of ARC
   assertions that represent the authentication assessment at each step
   of message handling paths.

   ARC-enabled Internet Mail Handlers can process sets of ARC assertions
   to inform message disposition decisions, to identify Internet Mail
   Handlers that might break existing authentication mechanisms, and to
   convey original authentication assessments across trust boundaries.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol-21
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol-21

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol-21

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/