Subject: [dmarc-ietf] Adam Roach's Yes on draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol-21: (with COMMENT)

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 20:07:04 -0800

Adam Roach has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol-21: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to everyone for the work that went into this document. I'm excited by
this experiment, and hope it eventually grows into something we can put on the
standards track.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

id-nits reports:

  ** There are 3 instances of too long lines in the document, the longest one
     being 15 characters in excess of 72.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

§7.2:

>       remote-ip[1]=10.10.10.13</comment>

Please consider using an IPv6 address here. See
https://www.iab.org/2016/11/07/iab-statement-on-ipv6/

In any case, please use an address from the ranges reserved by either RFC 5737
or (preferably) RFC 3849.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Appendix B:

> Received: from example.org (example.org [208.69.40.157])
...
> Received: from segv.d1.example (segv.d1.example [72.52.75.15])
...
> Received: from [10.10.10.131] (w-x-y-z.dsl.static.isp.com [w.x.y.z])
...
>     [208.69.40.157]) by clochette.example.org with ESMTP id

The two comments I made on §7.2 apply to these four IP addresses as well.

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 22:12:22 -0600

>> Received: from [10.10.10.131] (w-x-y-z.dsl.static.isp.com [w.x.y.z])

Oh, I missed this one -- the domain ISP.com is registered and in active 
use. Please consider changing to "isp.example" or similar.

/a

---

From: Kurt Andersen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 05:31:20 -0800

No objections to making the changes suggested by Adam. Will update pending
AD direction.

--Kurt

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 14:10:32 +0000

Hi Kurt,

On Wed, Nov 21, 2018, at 1:31 PM, Kurt Andersen wrote:
> No objections to making the changes suggested by Adam. Will update
> pending AD direction.Please apply these changes to your copy, but wait before posting a
new version.
Best Regards,
Alexey
>> >> Received: from [10.10.10.131] (w-x-y-z.dsl.static.isp.com
>> >> [w.x.y.z])>> 
>> 
>>  Oh, I missed this one -- the domain ISP.com is registered and in
>>  active>>  use. Please consider changing to "isp.example" or similar.
>> 
>>  /a
>>