Subject: [dmarc-ietf] Alvaro Retana's No Objection on charter-ietf-dmarc-01-00: (with COMMENT)

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 09:33:31 -0800

Alvaro Retana has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-dmarc-01-00: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-dmarc/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Phase I description is still included: "Draft description of
interoperability issues for indirect mail..."   Isn't that rfc7960?

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 15:44:45 -0500

> interoperability issues for indirect mail..."   Isn't that rfc7960?

Yeh, we did this too quickly, I'm afraid.  We should make a few other
minor changes to reflect the now-past:

OLD
   The existing DMARC base specification has been submitted as an
   Independent Submission to become an Informational RFC.
NEW
   The existing DMARC base specification is published as Informational
   RFC 7489.
END

OLD
      Draft description of interoperability issues for indirect mail
      flows and plausible methods for reducing them.
NEW
      Draft description of interoperability issues for indirect mail
      flows and plausible methods for reducing them.  This is now
      complete and published as RFC 7960.
END

OLD
      Specification of DMARC improvements to support indirect mail flows
NEW
      Specification of DMARC improvements to support indirect mail flows;
      this is now complete as draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol
END

Alexey, will you make those changes, please?
-- 
Barry

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 11:23:18 +0000

I applied these changes. Thank you, Barry!