Subject: [dmarc-ietf] Document Action: 'Authenticated Received Chain (ARC) Protocol' to Experimental RFC (draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol-23.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 05:54:46 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Authenticated Received Chain (ARC) Protocol'
  (draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol-23.txt) as Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Domain-based Message Authentication,
Reporting & Conformance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adam Roach, Alexey Melnikov and Ben Campbell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol/

Technical Summary: 

    The Authenticated Received Chain (ARC) protocol provides an
    authenticated "chain of custody" for a message, allowing each entity
    that handles a message to see what entities have handled it before,
    and to see what the message's authentication assessment was at each step
    in the handling. This allows to convey original authentication 
    assessments across trust boundaries.

Working Group Summary:

    The working group process was quite involved, and because this document
    is Experimental, there was active discussions on implementations and
    experiments that are detailed in the document.

Document Quality:  

    The document lists the existing implementations of the protocol, and
    appears to cover a broad spectrum of both purchased software as well as
    open source. 

Personnel:

    Document Shepherd: Tim Wicinski
    Area Director:  Alexey Melnikov