Subject: [dmarc-ietf] Protocol Action: 'E-mail Authentication for Internationalized Mail' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dmarc-eaiauth-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 05:28:17 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'E-mail Authentication for Internationalized Mail'
  (draft-ietf-dmarc-eaiauth-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Domain-based Message Authentication,
Reporting & Conformance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adam Roach, Alexey Melnikov and Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmarc-eaiauth/

Technical Summary:

    E-Mail Authentication for Internationalized Mail updates the pre-EAI
    authentication mechanisms: SPF, DKIM, and DMARC by clarifying which form
    of the internationalized domain names (IDNs) to use in those protocols
    and when recording results in the Authentication-Results header.

Working Group Summary:

    The working group process has not had any controversy regarding this
    specification as it is viewed primarily as clarifying existing practice.
    Two other documents from the working group are referencing this document
    for their treatment of IDNs in the context of the ARC and 7601bis update
    to the Authentication-Results header syntax.

Document Quality:

    This document covers the implications for all three of the referenced
    specifications. It includes a normative reference to an informative
    specification (RFC7489) because of the mixture between standards
    track and informative among the updated specs.

Personnel:

    Document Shepherd: Kurt Andersen
    Area Director:  Alexey Melnikov