Subject: [dmarc-ietf] Meetecho at IETF 108

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 07:07:55 -0700

If any of those of you who participated in today's working group session
via the Meetecho interface have any thoughts, up or down, about how well
that interface did or didn't work for you, we'd love to hear them.  You can
email the list, the chairs, or me with your thoughts.

-MSK, for the first time sporting an Area Director hat in here

---

From: Steven M Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 07:18:58 -0700

On 7/28/20 7:07 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> If any of those of you who participated in today's working group 
> session via the Meetecho interface have any thoughts ...  You can 

Having to flip back and forth between the chat column and the 
queue/participant column was awkward. Assuming I didn't miss a setting: 
Why can't we have both shown? At least as an option on larger 
screens/windows/devices.

--S.

---

From: Alessandro Vesely <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 16:30:33 +0200

On Tue 28/Jul/2020 16:07:55 +0200 Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> If any of those of you who participated in today's working group session via 
> the Meetecho interface have any thoughts, up or down, about how well that 
> interface did or didn't work for you, we'd love to hear them.  You can email 
> the list, the chairs, or me with your thoughts.

At mine, the audio was disconnected right after your presentation.  (I couldn't 
hear Bron's comment).  I tried reloading and reconnecting by the spin icon in 
the lower right corner, to no avail.

The status bar in the codimd editor covers the bottom line of text.

Best
Ale
--

---

From: Dotzero <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 10:51:42 -0400

> Why can't we have both shown? At least as an option on larger

I had Pidgen open for the chat on my laptop so didn't have to flip back and
forth. This might not be a solution for everyone. I agree that it should be
an integral capability.

Michael Hammer

---

From: Hector Santos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 12:08:37 -0400

Sorry I missed it.

Is there a video capture?

On 7/28/2020 10:07 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> session via the Meetecho interface have any thoughts, up or down,
> about how well that interface did or didn't work for you, we'd love to
> hear them.  You can email the list, the chairs, or me with your thoughts.
>
> _______________________________________________
> dmarc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dmarc
>

-- 
Hector Santos,
https://secure.santronics.com
https://twitter.com/hectorsantos

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 09:57:14 -0700

> Is there a video capture?

It's standard practice to make the audio stream available afterwards.  I
don't know offhand if they're planning to make the video presentation
available.  I'll find out and report back.

-MSK

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Jul 2020 13:49:23 -0400

>Why can't we have both shown? At least as an option on larger 

I think just about everyone has a separate jabber client open and
leaves the queue visible in Meetecho. It wouldn't be very hard to
provide an option to pop one or the other out into a separate window.

Also, I found it hard to tell when my mike was live. (For video at
least I could see myself.) The hint is that my name turns green at the
top of the queue column and there are some icons next to it, but I
could use clearer unobscured hints.

To repeat a point a zillion other people have been made, the tool tips
should look like they do in every other web site rather than all
appearing in a box nowhere near what you're mousing over.

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Jul 2020 13:51:21 -0400

>the lower right corner, to no avail.

Dunno how hard this would be without breaking the crypto, but it would
be nice they could adjust the sound levels so everyone's voice is
about the same loudness. That's a standard technical trick, we had a
box that did it automagically when I was doing student radio in the
1970s.