Subject: [dmarc-ietf] Returning focus to DMARCbis

From: Seth Blank <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 11:34:51 -0700

There's been a healthy discussion on the list over the past month that's
touched on several items within DMARC's charter, but are out of scope of
the currently chartered phase of work (phase III). As Chairs, we've watched
this discussions closely, because successful mitigation of loss of
authentication due to indirect mailflow is a requirement for the success of
a standards track DMARC document, which is the focus of DMARCbis.

ARC has IETF consensus, is being actively deployed, and needs time to
succeed or fail against its experimental considerations before the group
revisits the work -- which would require a rechartering.

We have a good deal of work to do on DMARCbis, and many open tickets. As we
discussed we want to track all issues in tickets. The chairs will use the
active tickets to lead the list discussion. We will get to all the issues.

If you feel that there are items that were raised in discussions that still
require group discussion, please add them to trac (
https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dmarc/report/1) per the process Alexey laid out:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/dmarc/rBWzfzDa_tOhaVdxFzUBYVi46QI/

If you have questions about this process or need help filing a ticket
appropriately, please reach out to the Chairs directly at
[email-masked].

Thanks,

Seth, Tim, and Alexey