Subject: Re: [DMM] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dmm-requirements-03.txt

From: h chan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 18:16:08 +0000

Are there any more comments on the requirements draft? Is this latest draft okay?

H Anthony Chan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2012 5:10 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [DMM] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dmm-requirements-03.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Distributed Mobility Management Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Requirements for Distributed Mobility Management
	Author(s)       : H Anthony Chan
                          Dapeng Liu
                          Pierrick Seite
                          Hidetoshi Yokota
                          Jouni Korhonen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dmm-requirements-03.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2012-12-21

Abstract:
   This document defines the requirements for Distributed Mobility
   Management (DMM) in IPv6 deployments.  The traditionally hierarchical
   structure of cellular networks has led to deployment models which are
   in practice centralized.  Mobility management with logically
   centralized mobility anchoring in current mobile networks is prone to
   suboptimal routing and raises scalability issues.  Such centralized
   functions can lead to single points of failure and inevitably
   introduce longer delays and higher signaling loads for network
   operations related to mobility management.  The objective is to
   enhance mobility management in order to meet the primary goals in
   network evolution, i.e., improve scalability, avoid single points of
   failure, enable transparent mobility support to upper layers only
   when needed, and so on.  Distributed mobility management must be
   secure and compatible with existing network deployments and end
   hosts.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmm-requirements

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dmm-requirements-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dmm-requirements-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
dmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dmm