Subject: [DMM] Draft on PMIP Localized Routing for traffic offloading

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 12:55:14 +0200

Hello,

Seeing the presentation of Ryuji in intarea on the use of BGP to realize
mobility in the context of a cellular operator,
draft-matsushima-stateless-uplane-vepc-01, it makes wonder:

- could this be used outside the context of a cellular operator?  Or
   within the cellular operator, but for WiFi offloading?

Because we have a draft for WiFi offloading or traffic control for other
reasosn, submitted as Localized Routing for PMIPv6:

            draft-boc-netext-lr-roext-05.txt

Alex

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 05:59:13 -0500

Hi Alex,

On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 5:55 AM, Alexandru Petrescu <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> draft-matsushima-stateless-**uplane-vepc-01, it makes wonder:
>
I don't think so.

You may look into

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6909

Regards,

Behcet

>            draft-boc-netext-lr-roext-05.**txt
>
> Alex
>
> ______________________________**_________________
> dmm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/**listinfo/dmm<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dmm>
>

---

From: Peter McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 11:28:05 +0000

Hi, Alex,

I definitely think this technique could be used within a WiFi access
network as the MN changes from one AP/AR to another.  However, it is
not clear whether the WiFi APs would be attached to the same I-BGP
system as the cellular base stations.  If they are, then great, I 
think it would work.  However, if there are radically different backhaul
topologies for WiFi and cellular it might be necessary to have two
different I-BGP domains and use a global mobility protocol for preserving
an address between cellular and Wifi (I think client-based MIP is good 
for this).

I personally think the PMIP-based LR solutions are kind of ugly.

-Pete

Alexandru Petrescu wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> Seeing the presentation of Ryuji in intarea on the use of BGP to
> realize mobility in the context of a cellular operator, draft-
> matsushima-stateless-uplane-vepc-01, it makes wonder:
> 
> Because we have a draft for WiFi offloading or traffic control for
> other reasosn, submitted as Localized Routing for PMIPv6:
>