Subject: [DMM] Comments on Correspondent Home Networking/Correspondent Routers

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 10:46:45 +0200

Comments on Correspondent Home Networking/CRs:

When the CR (Correspondent Router) was presented some time ago I had
some comments, that I re-iterate now.

There is already a problem in deploying MIP6 CN RO functionality in the
numerous IPv6 content servers in the Internet.  It would be probably
even more difficult to deploy CRs (or HA-close-to-each-CN) only to
support mobility.

(although now the status of MIP6 in the linux kernel is no longer
EXPERIMENTAL, which is very good).

The solution, as presented now, seems to rely extensively on the use of
DNS - it returns the IP address of the CHA and the HoA.  This is similar
to what NAT64 does, and has its drawbacks as well: ping6 1::1 won't work.

Finally, once a HoA specific to a CN is obtained at MN, then one must
make sure that that HoA is not used by MN when browsing some other CN;
i.e. a need to modify an application to use a particular IP address as
src/dst for a particular application.

Alex

---

From: Ryuji Wakikawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 11:05:53 +0200

Alper and Alex

Here are some CR documents
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wakikawa-mext-cr-consideration
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wakikawa-nemo-orc-01
It's nice to see similar idea now;-) Thanks Alper for the work!

BTMM (DNS-based mobility) can be found here.
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6281.txt

regards,
ryuj

On Aug 1, 2013, at 10:46 AM, Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> dmm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dmm

---

From: Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 11:22:15 +0200

Hi,

> It's nice to see similar idea now;-) Thanks Alper for the work!

One more, that Ryuji forgot to mention :p

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bernardos-mext-nemo-ro-cr-00

Carlos

---

From: Ryuji Wakikawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 11:24:36 +0200

Thanks Carlos. My memory is limited these days..

ryuji

---

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 02:30:25 -0700

Among the many...

In fact, one of the original proposals for IPv6 mobility relied on such
a CN mobility agent.

It died a terrible death, suffering from scalability problems
for managing security.

Regards,
Charlie P.

-- 
Regards,
Charlie P.