Subject: [DMM] Advancing the draft-ietf-dmm-requirements-09.txt

From: Jouni Korhonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 11:28:17 +0300

Folks,

The WGLC has ended a long ago for this draft and the comments have been
incorporated for the most part. We are still waiting for few ACKs (nudge
nudge) whether the latest revision addresses all comments received.

After that the I-D will go into a bunch of directorate reviews (ops, sec,
gen) and once the comments from those are sorted out , the proto write-up
follows.

So we are almost there but not quite ;-)

- Jouni

> 	Title           : Requirements for Distributed Mobility Management
> 	Author(s)       : H Anthony Chan
>                          Dapeng Liu
>                          Pierrick Seite
>                          Hidetoshi Yokota
>                          Jouni Korhonen
> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-dmm-requirements-09.txt
> 	Pages           : 20
> 	Date            : 2013-09-28
> 
> Abstract:
>   This document defines the requirements for Distributed Mobility
>   Management (DMM).  The hierarchical structure in traditional wireless
>   networks has led primarily to centralized deployment models.  As some
>   wireless networks are evolving away from the hierarchical structure,
>   such as in moving the content delivery servers closer to the users, a
>   distributed model for mobility management can be useful to them.