Subject: [DMM] WGLC #2 for draft-ietf-dmm-best-practices-gap-analysis-04

From: Jouni Korhonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 06:39:56 +0300

Folks,

This email starts a one week WGLC #2 for 
draft-ietf-dmm-best-practices-gap-analysis-04. Issue you comments to the 
mailing list and place possible tickets to the issue tracker. There are 
quite a few changed mainly to tackle Charlie's comments.

The WGLC ends 2ns June 2014 EOB (EEST). Silence is accounted as an 
acceptance for the content.

- Jouni (as a DMM co-chair)

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 10:28:01 +0300

Few comments…

Red-colored text added below:

   The use of HMIPv6 enables some form of route optimization, since a
   mobile node may decide to directly use the RCoA as source address for
   a communication with a given correspondent node, particularly if the
   MN does not expect to move outside the local domain during the
   lifetime of the communication.  This can be seen as a potential DMM
   mode of operation, though it fails to provide session continuity if 
   and when the MN moves outside the local domain.  
   In the example shown in Figure 3, MN1 is using
   its global HoA to communicate with CN1, while it is using its RCoA to
   communicate with CN2.

   o  Multiple (distributed) anchoring: ability to anchor different
      sessions of a single mobile node at different anchors.  In order
      to provide improved routing, some anchors might need to be placed
      closer to the mobile node or the corresponding node.

s/boht/both

Alper

On May 26, 2014, at 6:39 AM, Jouni Korhonen wrote:

> Folks,
> 
> This email starts a one week WGLC #2 for draft-ietf-dmm-best-practices-gap-analysis-04. Issue you comments to the mailing list and place possible tickets to the issue tracker. There are quite a few changed mainly to tackle Charlie's comments.
> 
> The WGLC ends 2ns June 2014 EOB (EEST). Silence is accounted as an acceptance for the content.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> dmm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dmm