Subject: [DMM] Fwd: RFC 7333 on Requirements for Distributed Mobility Management

From: Jouni Korhonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 10:21:33 +0300

Congrats to the authors and to the WG. We have our first RFC published !

-------- Alkuperäinen viesti / Orig.Msg. --------
Aihe: RFC 7333 on Requirements for Distributed Mobility Management
Päiväys: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 18:40:17 -0700 (PDT)
Lähettäjä: [email-masked]
Vastausosoite: [email-masked]
Vastaanottaja: [email-masked], [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

         RFC 7333

         Title:      Requirements for Distributed Mobility Management
         Author:     H. Chan, Ed.,
                     D. Liu, P. Seite,
                     H. Yokota, J. Korhonen
         Status:     Informational
         Stream:     IETF
         Date:       August 2014
         Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                     [email-masked],
                     [email-masked],
                     [email-masked],
                     [email-masked]
         Pages:      24
         Characters: 50110
         Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

         I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dmm-requirements-17.txt

         URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7333.txt

This document defines the requirements for Distributed Mobility
Management (DMM) at the network layer.  The hierarchical structure in
traditional wireless networks has led primarily to centrally deployed
mobility anchors.  As some wireless networks are evolving away from
the hierarchical structure, it can be useful to have a distributed
model for mobility management in which traffic does not need to
traverse centrally deployed mobility anchors far from the optimal
route.  The motivation and the problems addressed by each requirement
are also described.

This document is a product of the Distributed Mobility Management 
Working Group of the IETF.