Subject: [DMM] addition to work team leads..

From: Jouni Korhonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 23:58:35 +0300

Folks,

As announced, discussed and agreed in the Interim telco #3 Sri will take 
the lead for "Distributed mobility management deployment models and 
scenarios" work item.

- Jouni & Dapend

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 16:09:47 -0500

Hi Jouni,

I am confused.

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 3:58 PM, Jouni Korhonen <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> As announced, discussed and agreed in the Interim telco #3 Sri will take the
> lead for "Distributed mobility management deployment models and scenarios"
> work item.

When you asked us to comment on the charter, there was no deployment
models in the charter.

Next, when we look at the milestones you just sent:

Feb 2015 - Submit 'Enhanced mobility anchoring' as a working group
             document. To be Proposed Standard.

  Feb 2015 - Submit 'Forwarding path and signaling management' as a
             working group document. To be Proposed Standard.

  May 2015 - Submit 'Exposing mobility state to mobile nodes and network
             nodes' as a working group document(s). To be Proposed
             Standard.

  Nov 2015 - Submit 'Enhanced mobility anchoring' submitted to the IESG.
             To be Proposed Standard.

  Nov 2015 - Submit 'Forwarding path and signaling management' submitted
             to the IESG.  To be Proposed Standard.

  Feb 2016 - Submit 'Exposing mobility state to mobile nodes and network
             nodes' submitted to the IESG. To be Proposed Standard.

again there are no deployment models.

As you know there were a lot of concerns on the deployment models as
the deployment meant a specific protocol which does not exist in dmm
case.

It seems like deployment models came to your mind after I sent a mail
asking about this.
BTW, that was a joke :-)

Regards,

Behcet
>
> - Jouni & Dapend
>
> _______________________________________________
> dmm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dmm

---

From: Jouni <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 00:53:42 +0300

Behcet,

> When you asked us to comment on the charter, there was no deployment

We still have 4 work items. Deployment models is the first one of those. That still does not imply we need to have an immediate milestone for that work. 

> Next, when we look at the milestones you just sent:

I am aware of what I sent.. and assume the rest of the WG as well.

> again there are no deployment models.

The proposed charter states:

"The working group may decide to extend the current milestones based on
 the new information and knowledge gained during working on other
 documents listed in the initial milestones. Possible new documents and
 milestones must still fit into the overall DMM charter scope as outlined
 above."

So if stuff that, _for_example_, comes out of what Sri is going to lead starts to look good and in scope of the first work item, we can add a milestone.

> the deployment meant a specific protocol which does not exist in dmm

I am aware of concerns. I have a few myself. And I am happy someone is willing to take a shot and try to make sense of it.

> It seems like deployment models came to your mind after I sent a mail

Nope..  Chairs discussed that mid Sep, and Sri approached at the beginning of Oct.

- Jouni