Subject: [DMM] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dmm-ondemand-mobility-15.txt> (On Demand Mobility Management) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2019 12:50:29 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Distributed Mobility Management WG
(dmm) to consider the following document: - 'On Demand Mobility Management'
  <draft-ietf-dmm-ondemand-mobility-15.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-01-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Applications differ with respect to whether they need session
   continuity and/or IP address reachability.  The network providing the
   same type of service to any mobile host and any application running
   on the host yields inefficiencies.  This document describes a
   solution for taking the application needs into account by selectively
   providing session continuity and IP address reachability on a per-
   socket basis.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmm-ondemand-mobility/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmm-ondemand-mobility/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2309/