Subject: [DMM] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dmm-ondemand-mobility-17.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 06:18:43 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Distributed Mobility Management WG of the IETF.

        Title           : On Demand Mobility Management
        Authors         : Alper Yegin
                          Danny Moses
                          Seil Jeon
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dmm-ondemand-mobility-17.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2019-02-22

Abstract:
   Applications differ with respect to whether they need session
   continuity and/or IP address reachability.  The network providing the
   same type of service to any mobile host and any application running
   on the host yields inefficiencies, as described in [RFC7333].  This
   document defines a new concep of enabling applications to influence
   the network's mobility services (session continuity and/or IP address
   reachability) on a per-Socket basis, and suggests extensions to the
   networking stack's API to accomodate this concept.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmm-ondemand-mobility/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dmm-ondemand-mobility-17
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dmm-ondemand-mobility-17

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dmm-ondemand-mobility-17

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 12:08:24 -0800

Out of curiosity, why is the new API being portrayed as a system call
(setsc) instead of a socket option (the bar for adding a socket option
is much lower ).

Tom

On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 6:19 AM <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> dmm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dmm