Subject: [DMM] Disaggregated FPC documents

From: Charlie Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2019 12:39:13 -0700

Hello folks,

During the [dmm] meeting at IETF 104, I suggested that we should try 
breaking the YANG definitions out into a different document so that 
potential reviewers would not be intimidated by 150+ pages of document 
text.  I got reasonable support for at least trying the idea. If it 
doesn't work, I will volunteer to recombine them in the future.

Briefly scanning the base document, I see that it needs another pass for 
readability as well.  That will take a while, so I propose to do that 
later after the submission of the two companion documents.  I will scan 
both documents for consistency and so on, but they are ready for 
submission now.  In the YANG document, I was considering to include a 
list (without definitions) in the Terminology section for the FPC terms 
that are defined in the base document.  Comments are welcome about that 
suggestion.

Suresh has expressed the opinion that it would be O.K. to have the 
companion YANG document considered to be a WG document.  If anyone in 
the [dmm] group has objections to this proposal, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Charlie P.

---

From: Lyle Bertz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2019 18:00:43 -0500

As the YANG document is standalone you may want to ensure you are still
complying with netmod criteria for such RFCs.

On Sun, Apr 7, 2019, 2:39 PM Charlie Perkins <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> dmm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dmm
>