Subject: [Dmsp] Fw: Minutes from DMSP Telecon December 7

From: Chris Cross <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 10:28:50 -0500

----- Forwarded by Chris Cross/West Palm Beach/IBM on 02/07/2006 10:28 AM
-----
                                                                           
             Chris Cross/West                                              
             Palm Beach/IBM                                                
                                                                        To 
             12/07/2005 11:52          Gregg Daggett/Watson/IBM            
             AM                                                         cc 
                                       "'Pearce David-BDP003'"             
                                       <[email-masked]>,        
                                       [email-masked]      
                                                                   Subject 
                                       Re: Minutes from DMSP Telecon       
                                       December 7(Document link: Chris     
                                       Cross)                              

                                                                           

My note from Nathaniels remarks: top priority is to write the charter for
the WG, simple statements of goals and deliverables.

otherwise good job, thanks for accepting the scribe job on this call. I'll
expect we rotate in the future...

thanks,
chris

Chris Cross
Multimodal Browser Architect
_________________________
IBM Boca Raton
[email-masked]
voice 561.862.2102  t/l 975.2102
mobile 561.317.0700
fax 501.641.6727

             Gregg                                                         
             Daggett/Watson/IB                                             
             M                                                          To 
                                       <[email-masked]>    
             12/07/2005 11:27                                           cc 
             AM                        Chris Cross/West Palm Beach/IBM,    
                                       "'Pearce David-BDP003'"             
                                       <[email-masked]>         
                                                                   Subject 
                                       Minutes from DMSP Telecon December  
                                       7                                   

                                                                           

Hi Jonathan,
Here are my notes from today's DMSP telecon.  Feel free to add anything
else and then distribute to the group.
-Gregg

Attendees:
   IBM:  Chris Cross, Gregg Daggett, Nathaniel Borenstein
   Motorola:  Jonathan Englesma, David Pearce
   Opera: Jonny Axelsson,  George Refseth
   VoiceGenie: Andrew Wahbe

Background introduction to distributed MM presented by Chris Cross

Comments from Andrew Wahbe:
   - It will be important to include input and requirements from the MMI
   Working Group
   - The next MMI face-to-face meeting is in Jan/Feb timeframe
      Action Item:  collect input and requirements from MMI WG and
      architecture discussions, and provide feedback to the DMSP team

Comments from Chris Cross:
   - MM applications should not need to be aware of being local or
   distributed, they should work independent of underlying architecture

Input from Nathaniel Borenstein on IETF WG process:
   - Important to clearly state the charter of a new WG
   - Good idea have a draft charter prepared before presenting at the first
   BOF
   - Groups are usually given a maximum of two BOF meetings to form a new
   WG
   - Should try to converge on a charter as quickly as possible
   - It's important to bring in as early as possible the Area Directors
   from the IETF area to which the proposed new WG belongs (i.e. Transport
   area)
   - You typically want 2 chairs (from 2 different companies) for a new WG
   -- one with IETF experience, one with technical subject expertise
   - The draft charter for a new WG should be published on the most
   relevant IETF mailing lists for socialization and feedback
   - Draft charters are submitted to the IESG for voting
   - Typically it takes several weeks from time of WG charter submission to
   when the charter is approved (but could take several months in some
   instances)
   - The next IETF F2F is scheduled for March 2006 in Dallas

The next DMSP telecon scheduled for Wednesday, December 21 10:00 am ET

-Gregg

Gregg Daggett
IBM Research, Yorktown Heights, NY
Tel: 914-945-2646,  Fax: 914-945-2141
Internet:  [email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Dmsp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dmsp