Subject: [Dmsp] DMSP BOF

From: Chris Cross <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 09:11:28 -0400

Hi Jon and Cullen,
It was nice to meet you at the RAI area meeting in Dallas. Thanks again for
the opportunity to present DMSP to the group.

After my presentation I talked to Cullen about scheduling a DMSP BOF at the
next IETF meeting. He mentioned that one issue was to decide if rai or apps
is the appropriate area. I think there's a rough consensus among the folks
participating in DMSP that rai is the right choice. Please let us know how
we can move forward in order to schedule a BOF at the next meeting.

thanks,
chris

Chris Cross
Multimodal Browser Architect
_________________________
IBM Boca Raton
[email-masked]
voice 561.862.2102  t/l 975.2102
mobile 561.317.0700
fax 501.641.6727

_______________________________________________
Dmsp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dmsp

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 22:59:59 -0700

Hi Chris,

To be honest, I'm did not see the level of interest that something would
normally have to do a BOF. This was just my reaction watching the room and I
would have to much more formally go and find out what others thought but I
really don't want to get your hopes up on this. However, if you want to know
more about how to have a BOF, another IBM colleague wrote a good draft about
what it takes. Have a read of draft-narten-successful-bof-01.txt. I am also
quite sure that Nathaniel knows more than he would ever want to know about
doing a BOF :-)

Cullen

On 4/6/06 6:11 AM, "Chris Cross" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> next IETF meeting. He mentioned that one issue was to decide if rai or apps is
> the appropriate area. I think there's a rough consensus among the folks
> participating in DMSP that rai is the right choice. Please let us know how we
> can move forward in order to schedule a BOF at the next meeting.
> 
> thanks,
> chris
> 
> 
> Chris Cross

---

From: Nathaniel S Borenstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 17:22:55 -0400

My sense is that there probably is enough interest for a BOF, but that the 
interested parties were underrepresented in the area meeting.  There might 
actually be more interest in the app area, I'm not sure.  Would it help if 
we came up with a list of parties who say they are interested in attending 
a BOF?  Perhaps that would simultaneously validate the interest level and 
give us more of an indication whether it really belongs in app or rai? 
Does that sound like a reasonable next step?  -- Nathaniel

Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]> 
04/10/2006 01:59 AM

To
Chris Cross/West Palm Beach/IBM@IBMUS, Jon Peterson 
<[email-masked]>
cc
<[email-masked]>, Nathaniel S Borenstein/Concord/IBM@IBMUS
Subject
Re: DMSP BOF

Hi Chris,

To be honest, I'm did not see the level of interest that something would 
normally have to do a BOF. This was just my reaction watching the room and 
I would have to much more formally go and find out what others thought but 
I really don't want to get your hopes up on this. However, if you want to 
know more about how to have a BOF, another IBM colleague wrote a good 
draft about what it takes. Have a read of 
draft-narten-successful-bof-01.txt. I am also quite sure that Nathaniel 
knows more than he would ever want to know about doing a BOF :-)

Cullen

Hi Jon and Cullen,
It was nice to meet you at the RAI area meeting in Dallas. Thanks again 
for the opportunity to present DMSP to the group.

After my presentation I talked to Cullen about scheduling a DMSP BOF at 
the next IETF meeting. He mentioned that one issue was to decide if rai or 
apps is the appropriate area. I think there's a rough consensus among the 
folks participating in DMSP that rai is the right choice. Please let us 
know how we can move forward in order to schedule a BOF at the next 
meeting.

thanks,
chris

Chris Cross