Subject: RE: [Dmsp] Re: DMSP BOF

From: "Ferrans James-JFERRAN1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 17:43:47 -0400

This was true for us.  We'd definately send a representative or two to a
DMSP WG.  We'd almost certainly send one to a BoF to help organize a
DMSP WG.  But we couldn't justify sending someone to listen to a short
announcement of a possible DMSP BoF.  DMSP may be drawing on folks not
yet affiliated with the IETF.
 
Jim
 
--------------------------------------------
Jim Ferrans
Distinguished Member of the Technical Staff

Pervasive Platforms and Architectures Lab
Applications Research

Motorola Labs

1295 E. Algonquin Road

Schaumburg, Illinois 60196-1065
USA

847.576.1379 (work)

________________________________

From: Nathaniel S Borenstein [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 4:23 PM
To: Cullen Jennings
Cc: [email-masked]; Jon Peterson
Subject: [Dmsp] Re: DMSP BOF

My sense is that there probably is enough interest for a BOF, but that
the interested parties were underrepresented in the area meeting.  There
might actually be more interest in the app area, I'm not sure.  Would it
help if we came up with a list of parties who say they are interested in
attending a BOF?  Perhaps that would simultaneously validate the
interest level and give us more of an indication whether it really
belongs in app or rai?  Does that sound like a reasonable next step?  --
Nathaniel

Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]> 

04/10/2006 01:59 AM 

To
Chris Cross/West Palm Beach/IBM@IBMUS, Jon Peterson
<[email-masked]> 
cc
<[email-masked]>, Nathaniel S Borenstein/Concord/IBM@IBMUS 
Subject
Re: DMSP BOF

Hi Chris,

To be honest, I'm did not see the level of interest that something would
normally have to do a BOF. This was just my reaction watching the room
and I would have to much more formally go and find out what others
thought but I really don't want to get your hopes up on this. However,
if you want to know more about how to have a BOF, another IBM colleague
wrote a good draft about what it takes. Have a read of
draft-narten-successful-bof-01.txt. I am also quite sure that Nathaniel
knows more than he would ever want to know about doing a BOF :-)

Cullen

On 4/6/06 6:11 AM, "Chris Cross" <[email-masked]> wrote:

Hi Jon and Cullen,
It was nice to meet you at the RAI area meeting in Dallas. Thanks again
for the opportunity to present DMSP to the group.

After my presentation I talked to Cullen about scheduling a DMSP BOF at
the next IETF meeting. He mentioned that one issue was to decide if rai
or apps is the appropriate area. I think there's a rough consensus among
the folks participating in DMSP that rai is the right choice. Please let
us know how we can move forward in order to schedule a BOF at the next
meeting.

thanks,
chris

Chris Cross
Multimodal Browser Architect
_________________________
IBM Boca Raton
[email-masked]
voice 561.862.2102  t/l 975.2102
mobile 561.317.0700
fax 501.641.6727

_______________________________________________
Dmsp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dmsp