Subject: [dns-dir] FWD: [IANA #160339] RFC3832 - locate missing registry

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 10:31:38 -0400

FYI. IANA is cleaning up stuff that was not done correctly. It appears
to me that RFC 3832 requests IANA to register a name for SRV
records. But the mythical SRV registry doesn't formally exist...

Thomas

------- Forwarded Message

From: "Pearl Liang via RT" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
        [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 23:18:24 +0000
Subject: [IANA #160339] RFC3832 - locate missing registry 
Reply-To: [email-masked]
RT-Ticket: IANA #160339
Managed-by: RT 3.5.HEAD (http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/)
RT-Originator: [email-masked]

Dear Authors and AD:

IANA currently completed a project to go through existing RFCs to verify if
there were any IANA actions that were never completed.  We are now going
through the results of that project and are trying to determine if the
actions should be performed or if they are not needed.

We are contacting you as either an author, working group chair, area
director or in an expert role for this RFC or protocol.  If you feel 
that you can not assist in making suggestions, please let us know.

REVIEWER COMMENTS: RFC 3832 Section 7 defines slpda tcp/udp and states that
these are registered with IANA.

It appears that the assignments were not being registered:

       Service Field      Protocol Field     Reference
       -------------      --------------     ---------
           slpda                tcp          [RFC3832]
           slpda                udp          [RFC3832]

Could you let us know to which protocol/registry we register these 
assignments?  Also are these under the protocol SLPv2?
Please review the IANA Matrix:

http://www.iana.org/protocols/

We thank you any help you can provide.  When we receive a reply we will 
complete the action as soon as we can.

Thank you in advance for your help and time.

Regards,

Pearl Liang
IANA

------- End of Forwarded Message
_______________________________________________
dns-dir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dns-dir