Subject: [dns-dir] Meeting/TelCo 2008-09-01

From: Peter Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 20:17:13 +0200

Dear DNS Directorate Members,

in Dublin we agreed upon a monthly conf call, the next to be scheduled
1 September, 1600 Paris local time (1400 UTC).  The "escape clause" was
that there MUST be an agenda one week in advance (25 August).

Given that we postponed a couple of agenda items during the physical
meetings in Dublin, I'd like to suggest we start with these leftovers:

   o Review of Action Items

   o Returning Patterns of suboptimal/concerning use of the DNS

   o DNS and HTTP Cookie Spec Issues

   o DNS related language and terminology in RFCs

Please let me know additional topics (or req for changes) by Friday this week.

The plan was to use Nominet's Telco logistics for the call (thanks to Roy,
who is kindly asked to follow up with the details).

-Peter
_______________________________________________
dns-dir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dns-dir

---

From: Roy Arends <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 01:51:45 +0200

This meeting will be held on September 1st, 2008 at:

   0700 San Francisco
   1000 Washington
   1400 UTC
   1500 London
   1600 Paris

The teleconference logistics are as follows. You will hear music until  
the moderator joins.

   US (east)  +1 7183541169
   US (west)  +1 4089616553
   NL +31 202013852
   UK +44 2078193600
   FR +33 171230055
   SE +46 858536827
   CA 18667425608
   FI +358 969379595

   Conference Code:     4227104

If you have any issues dialing in, require a toll-free number or if  
your country is not in the above list, please contact me.

I can also be reached over xmpp: [email-masked]

With kind regards,

Roy

---

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 09:13:25 -0400

> This meeting will be held on September 1st, 2008 at:

That's Labor Day in US. I'll (hopefully) be having a fun day with the
family.

Thomas

---

From: Matt Larson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 11:02:29 -0400

> That's Labor Day in US. I'll (hopefully) be having a fun day with the

Likewise.  Is there any possibility of rescheduling?

Matt

---

From: Peter Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 17:56:56 +0200

Matt, all,

> Likewise.  Is there any possibility of rescheduling?

I've set up another doodle poll at <http://www.doodle.ch/78myeck2mx9z3w88>
to choose between September, 1st and 8th.  It says 2 pm - 3 pm, that is
UTC (and 1600-1700 Paris local).  Next time I'll try the new timezone support.

Just for completeness, here are the next "regular" call dates:

	Monday, 6 October  2008
	Monday, 3 November 2008
	Monday,17 November 2008 [Lunch meeting @IETF73]
	Monday, 1 December 2008
	Monday, 5 January  2009

-Peter

---

From: Matt Larson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 10:03:43 -0400

Peter,

> 	Monday,17 November 2008 [Lunch meeting @IETF73]

Is the time always 1400-1500 UTC and therefore subject to changing by
an hour when daylight savings time/summer time ends?  Or is it always
relative to Paris local/CET?

Matt

---

From: Peter Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 17:50:47 +0200

Hi Matt,

> relative to Paris local/CET?

the conclusion in Dublin, as I read it, was to always refer to Paris local
time, so the UTC start time will change and depending on the differrent
north american and european daylight saving time schedules the offset might
change, as well.  I'll double check before sending out the invitations.

For the poll "1st vs 8th" there's a preference fot the 8th, but we haven't
heard from the ADs yet.

-Peter

---

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 08:43:04 -0400

> relative to Paris local/CET?

Can we please stick with something stable and predictable and
easy to put into a recurring calendar entry? Like UTC? Please don't
make me have to think about when DST changes in various parts of the
world.

Thomas

---

From: Peter Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 14:46:13 +0200

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 08:43:04AM -0400, Thomas Narten wrote:

[meeting based on 1600 Paris local time]

> make me have to think about when DST changes in various parts of the

I'd like to add that to the upcoming meeting's agenda.
Speaking of which, those who haven't voted yet, please visit
<http://www.doodle.ch/78myeck2mx9z3w88>, so we know we meet on 1st or 8th of
September.

As a practical matter, some calendars allow to use a remote timezone
for scheduling (recurring) events. The calendar will take care of
Paris' DST change then. But see above.

-Peter

---

From: Lars-Johan Liman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 14:22:36 +0200

Are we reaching some kind of consensus on the date?

My DLC (domestic logistics centre) needs to know ... ;-)

				Cheers,
				  /Liman