Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early warning: /homidmbox/ietf-doc/id_new/draft-miyata-v6ops-snatpt-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 21:28:25 -0400

Count:       11 

Internet Engineering Task Force                                H. Miyata
Internet-Draft                                                   M. Endo
Intended status: Experimental                    Yokogawa Electric Corp.      
Expires: March 8, 2009                                 September 8, 2008
                                sNAT-PT:
      Simplified Network Address Translation - Protocol Translation 
                       draft-miyata-v6ops-snatpt-01

 Abstract
   This document specifies an IPv4-to-IPv6 transition mechanism to 
   provide accessibility for IPv6 node to IPv4 node, and vice-versa.
   The goal of this document is not providing the most fundamental 
   technology which could works well with additional technology.
   We used to have an technology called NAT-PT[RFC2766]. NAT-PT was 
   designed to work with problematic DNS Application Level Gateway. So,
   it was changed to historical state by [RFC4966].
   This document attempts to simplify NAT-PT specification, removing 
   dependability on Application Layer Gateway as well as resolving
   problems pointed in [RFC4966].

_______________________________________________
dns-dir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dns-dir