Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early warning: ietf-doc/id_new/draft-barwood-dnsext-fr-resolver-mitigations-08.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 15:14:30 -0500

Count:       15 

DNS Extensions Working Group                                  G. Barwood
Internet-Draft                                                           
Intended status: Informational                          October 26, 2008
Expires: April 2009

                       Resolver side mitigations
              draft-barwood-dnsext-fr-resolver-mitigations-08

 Abstract
   Describes mitigations against spoofing attacks on DNS, including:

   (1) Repeating the query, including techniques for handling 
       non-deterministic responses.

   (2) Prepending a random nonce to the question where a referral is 
       probable.

   (3) Estimating the entropy available, taking into account 
      (a) Observed packets with incorrect IDs.
      (b) The content of the cache.

_______________________________________________
dns-dir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dns-dir