Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-04.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 21:17:51 -0500

Count:       11 

Network Working Group                                       Y. Pettersen
Internet-Draft                                        Opera Software ASA
Updates: RFC 2965                                       November 3, 2008
(if approved)
Intended status: Experimental
Expires: May 7, 2009

   The TLD Subdomain Structure Protocol and its use for Cookie domain
                               validation
                  draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-04

 Abstract
   This document defines a protocol and specification format that can be
   used by a client to discover how a Top Level Domain (TLD) is
   organized in terms of what subdomains are used to place closely
   related but independent domains, e.g. commercial domains in country
   code TLDs (ccTLD) like .uk are placed in the .co.uk subTLD domain.
   This information is then used to limit which domains an Internet
   service can set cookies for, strengthening the rules already defined
   by the cookie specifications.

_______________________________________________
dns-dir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dns-dir