Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-vogt-durand-virtual-ip6-connectivity-00.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 21:17:53 -0500

Count:       67 

Network Working Group                                            C. Vogt
Internet-Draft                                                  Ericsson
Expires: April 30, 2009                                        A. Durand
                                                                 Comcast
                                                        October 27, 2008

            Virtual IPv6 Connectivity for IPv4-Only Networks
           draft-vogt-durand-virtual-ip6-connectivity-00.txt

 Abstract
   This document proposes Virtual IPv6 Connectivity, a method for
   deployment in IPv4-only networks to enable communications with the
   IPv6 Internet.  Virtual IPv6 Connectivity uses IP protocol
   translation to support both incoming traffic from IPv6 to IPv4, and
   outgoing traffic from IPv4 to IPv6.  Communications initiated into
   the latter direction are facilitated through DNS or DNSSEC proxies.
   Different than existing IPv4/IPv6 interworking techniques, which are
   for deployment in IPv6 networks, Virtual IPv6 Connectivity does not
   require extra, globally unique IPv4 addresses.

_______________________________________________
dns-dir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dns-dir