Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-savolainen-6man-fqdn-based-if-selection-00.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 21:17:52 -0500

Count:       67 Individual Submission                                     T. Savolainen
Internet Draft                                                    Nokia
Intended status: Experimental                          October 23, 2008
Expires: April 2009 

               Domain name based network interface selection  
           draft-savolainen-6man-fqdn-based-if-selection-00.txt 

 Abstract 
   A multi-homed host with multiple physical and/or virtual network 
   interfaces has to select which one of the network interfaces to use 
   for a new outgoing IPv4 or IPv6 connection. This document describes a 
   method to select an interface by using destination's fully qualified 
   domain name and DNS suffix information received dynamically for each 
   network interface. The method is useful, for example, in split 
   horizon DNS and walled garden scenarios, where right network 
   interface has to be selected even before DNS resolution is conducted.      

Table of Contents 

_______________________________________________
dns-dir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dns-dir