Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-xu-behave-hybrid-type-prefix-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 14:40:01 -0500

Count:       10 Network working group                                             X. Xu  
Internet Draft                                                   Huawei 
Category: Standard Track                                       C. Byrne 
Expires: July 2010                                         T-Mobile USA 
                                                           M. Boucadair 
                                                         France Telecom 
                                                                 G.Chen 
                                                           China Mobile 
                                                       January 15, 2010         
                                      
            Hybrid Type Prefix for IPv4-Embedded IPv6 Addresses  
                                      
                   draft-xu-behave-hybrid-type-prefix-00 

 Abstract 

   To build IPv4-Embedded IPv6 addresses for IPv4/IPv6 translation, the 
   Well-Known Prefix (WKP) and Network Specific Prefix (NSP)-based 
   address formats have been defined in [Address-Format]. However, both 
   of them have some limitations in several use cases. Hence, this 
   document aims at discussing the validity of the use cases and assess 
   the interest of the BEHAVE WG to meet the requirement of 
   unambiguously distinguishing IPv4-Embedded IPv6 addresses from 
   native IPv6 ones. Doing so would guide the address selection and 
   therefore allow avoiding crossing unnecessary or even useless 
   address family translators.  

Conventions used in this document 

   The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
   "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
   document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119 [RFC2119].