Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-daley-dnsext-host-srv-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 09:17:02 -0500

Count:      105 

Network Working Group                                           G. Daley
Internet-Draft                                          NetStar Networks
Intended status: Experimental                                      R. Ng
Expires: July 4, 2010                           Thomas Duryea Consulting
                                                       December 31, 2009

               Use of DNS SRV records for host selection
                   draft-daley-dnsext-host-srv-00.txt

 Abstract

   Where multiple application servers are able to receive inbound
   connections from clients, it is desirable provide some policy control

   over client behaviour.  This specification allows application service
   providers to provide addresses of multiple servers in response to DNS
   queries, while specifying failover and load balancing behaviours.

   Multiple servers are specified using existing protocol mechanisms for
   DNS Service records (SRV).  An experimental record definition is
   described, which can be implemented on existing systems.