Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-irtf-hiprg-proxies-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 14:40:00 -0400

Count:       80  Network working group                                    Dacheng Zhang 
 Internet Draft                                               Xiaohu Xu 
 Intended status: Experimental              Huawei Technologies Co.,Ltd 
 Created: May 24, 2010                                    Jiankang Yao 
 Expires: November 2010                                          CNNIC           
                                       
                        Investigation in HIP Proxies 
                        draft-irtf-hiprg-proxies-00 

  Abstract 

    HIP proxies play an important role in the transition from the 
    current Internet architecture to the HIP architecture. A core 
    objective of a HIP proxy is to facilitate the communications between 
    legacy (or Non-HIP) hosts and HIP hosts while not modifying their 
    protocol stacks. In this document, the legacy hosts served by 
    proxies are referred to as the Made-up Legacy (ML) hosts. Currently, 
    various designing solutions of HIP proxies have been proposed. These 
    solutions may be applicable in different working circumstances. In 
    this document, we attempt to investigate these solutions in detail 
    and compare their performances in different scenarios.  

 Conventions used in this document 

    The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
    "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
    document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119 [RFC2119].