Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-penno-alto-cdn-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 14:40:01 -0400

Count:       49 

Network Working Group                                           R. Penno
Internet-Draft                                              S. Raghunath
Intended status: Experimental                                  J. Medved
Expires: December 6, 2010                                      M. Bakshi
                                                        Juniper Networks
                                                                R. Alimi
                                                         Yale University
                                                              S. Previdi
                                                           Cisco Systems
                                                           June 04, 2010

                   ALTO and Content Delivery Networks
                        draft-penno-alto-cdn-00

 Abstract

   Networking applications can request through the ALTO protocol
   information about the underlying network topology from the ISP or
   Content Provider (henceforth referred as Provider) point of view.  In
   other words, what a Provider prefers in terms of traffic optimization
   -- and a way to distribute it.  The ALTO Service provides information
   such as preferences of network resources with the goal of modifying
   network resource consumption patterns while maintaining or improving
   application performance.

   A main use case of the ALTO Service is its integration with of
   Content Delivery Networks (CDN).  In this document we describe the
   deployment scenarios and considerations for a ALTO Service in the
   case of CDNs.