Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-stiemerling-alto-deployments-03.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 14:40:00 -0400

Count:       11 

ALTO                                                      M. Stiemerling
Internet-Draft                                           NEC Europe Ltd.
Intended status: Standards Track                               S. Kiesel
Expires: December 11, 2010                       University of Stuttgart
                                                            June 9, 2010

                     ALTO Deployment Considerations
                 draft-stiemerling-alto-deployments-03

 Abstract

   Many Internet applications are used to access resources, such as
   pieces of information or server processes, which are available in
   several equivalent replicas on different hosts.  This includes, but
   is not limited to, peer-to-peer file sharing applications.  The goal
   of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to provide
   guidance to these applications, which have to select one or several
   hosts from a set of candidates, that are able to provide a desired
   resource.  The protocol is under specification in the ALTO working
   group.  However, this document discusses the deployment
   considerations of ALTO and also some preliminary security
   considerations.