Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-korhonen-edns0-synthesis-flag-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 14:40:00 -0400

Count:       28 

Behave WG                                                    J. Korhonen
Internet-Draft                                    Nokia Siemens Networks
Intended status: Standards Track                      T. Savolainen, Ed.
Expires: January 2, 2011                                           Nokia
                                                            July 1, 2010

        EDNS0 Flags Indicating AAAA Record Synthesis and Format
               draft-korhonen-edns0-synthesis-flag-00.txt

 Abstract

   Advanced hosts and applications benefit of the knowledge of an IPv6
   address, AAAA record, and a possible synthesis taking place in the
   network.  This specification defines ENDS0 flag bits for
   communicating whether the synthesis is taking place, what is the used
   IPv6 address format, and the IPv6 prefix and suffix used by the
   DNS64.  The communicated information enables hosts to perform a local
   IPv6 address synthesis and to extract the IPv4 address out of the
   synthesized IPv6 address.