Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-ietf-core-coap-01.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 14:40:01 -0400

Count:       11 

CoRE                                                           Z. Shelby
Internet-Draft                                                 Sensinode
Intended status: Standards Track                                B. Frank
Expires: January 9, 2011                                      SkyFoundry
                                                               D. Sturek
                                                  Pacific Gas & Electric
                                                            July 8, 2010

                Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
                        draft-ietf-core-coap-01

 Abstract

   This document specifies the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP),
   a specialized RESTful transfer protocol for use with constrained
   networks and nodes for machine-to-machine applications such as smart
   energy and building automation.  These constrained nodes often have
   8-bit microcontrollers with small amounts of ROM and RAM, while
   networks such as 6LoWPAN often have high packet error rates and a
   typical throughput of 10s of kbit/s.  CoAP provides the REST Method/
   Response interaction model between application end-points, supports
   built-in resource discovery, and includes key web concepts such as
   URIs and content-types.  CoAP easily translates to HTTP for
   integration with the web while meeting specialized requirements such
   as multicast support, very low overhead and simplicity for
   constrained environments.