Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-ubillos-name-based-sockets-01.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 14:40:02 -0400

Count:       20 

Internet Engineering Task Force                               J. Ubillos
Internet-Draft                             Swedish Institute of Computer
Intended status: Experimental                                    Science
Expires: January 13, 2011                                        Z. Ming
                                                     Tsinghua University
                                                           July 12, 2010

                           Name Based Sockets
                  draft-ubillos-name-based-sockets-01

 Abstract

   This memo defines the name based sockets.  Name based sockets allow
   the application developer to refer to remote hosts (and it self) by
   name only, passing on all IP (locator) management to the operating
   system.  Applications are thus relieved of re-implementing features
   such as multi-homing, mobility, NAT traversal, IPv6/IPv4
   interoperability and address management in general.  The operating
   system can in turn re-use the same solutions for a whole set of guest
   applications.  Name based sockets aims to provide a whole set of
   features without adding new indirection layers, new delays or other
   dependences while maintaining transparent backwards compatibility.