Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-korhonen-mext-mip6-altsec-05.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 14:40:01 -0400

Count:       14 

Mobility Extensions (MEXT)                                   J. Korhonen
Internet-Draft                                    Nokia Siemens Networks
Updates: 3775 (if approved)                                     B. Patil
Intended status: Experimental                                      Nokia
Expires: January 13, 2011                                  H. Tschofenig
                                                          D. Kroeselberg
                                                  Nokia Siemens Networks
                                                           July 12, 2010

Transport Layer Security-based Mobile IPv6 Security Framework for Mobile
                    Node to Home Agent Communication
                 draft-korhonen-mext-mip6-altsec-05.txt

 Abstract

   Mobile IPv6 signaling between the mobile node and home agent is
   secured using IPsec.  The security association between a mobile node
   and the home agent is established using IKEv1 or IKEv2.  The security
   model specified for Mobile IPv6, which relies on IKE/IPsec, requires
   interaction between the Mobile IPv6 protocol part of the IP stack and
   the IKE/IPsec part of the IP stack.  The IPsec/IKEv2 based security
   architectures makes implementation and deployment of the protocol
   infeasible for numerous reasons.  This document proposes an alternate
   security framework, which relies on Transport Layer Security for
   establishing keying material and other bootstrapping parameters
   required to protect Mobile IPv6 signaling and data traffic between
   the mobile node and home agent.