Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-ietf-hip-rfc4423-bis-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 14:40:01 -0400

Count:       31 

Network Working Group                                       R. Moskowitz
Internet-Draft                                                 ICSA labs
Obsoletes: 4423 (if approved)                            August 17, 2010
Intended status: Standards Track
Expires: February 18, 2011

                  Host Identity Protocol Architecture
                     draft-ietf-hip-rfc4423-bis-00

 Abstract

   This memo describes a new namespace, the Host Identity namespace, and
   a new protocol layer, the Host Identity Protocol, between the
   internetworking and transport layers.  Herein are presented the
   basics of the current namespaces, their strengths and weaknesses, and
   how a new namespace will add completeness to them.  The roles of this
   new namespace in the protocols are defined.

   This document obsoletes RFC 4423 and addresses the concerns raised by
   the IESG, particularly that of crypto agility.  It also incorporates
   lessons learned from the implementations of RFC 5201.