Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-ietf-opsec-protect-control-plane-02.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 14:40:00 -0400

Count:       10 

OPSEC                                                           D. Dugal
Internet-Draft                                          Juniper Networks
Intended status: Informational                              C. Pignataro
Expires: February 7, 2011                                        R. Dunn
                                                           Cisco Systems
                                                          August 6, 2010

                  Protecting The Router Control Plane
               draft-ietf-opsec-protect-control-plane-02

 Abstract

   This memo provides a method for protecting a router's control plane
   from undesired or malicious traffic.  In this approach, all
   legitimate router control plane traffic is identified.  Once
   legitimate traffic has been identified, a filter is deployed in the
   router's forwarding plane.  That filter prevents traffic not
   specifically identified as legitimate from reaching the router's
   control plane or rate limited to an acceptable level.