Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-josefsson-keyassure-tls-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 14:40:00 -0400

Count:       13 

Network Working Group                                       S. Josefsson
Internet-Draft                                                    SJD AB
Intended status: Standards Track                         August 23, 2010
Expires: February 24, 2011

      Confirming the Certificate structure in TLS with Secure DNS
                    draft-josefsson-keyassure-tls-00

 Abstract

   TLS supports X.509 and OpenPGP certificate based mechanisms to
   authenticate a server.  Users want their applications to verify that
   the certificate provided by the TLS server is in fact associated with
   the domain name they expect.  Instead of trusting a certificate
   authority to have made this association correctly, and an X.509/
   OpenPGP implementation to validate that properly, the user might
   instead trust the authoritative DNS server for the domain name to
   make that association.  This document describes how to use secure DNS
   to associate the certificate chain transferred by TLS with the
   intended domain name.