Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-lee-v4v6tran-problem-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 14:40:00 -0400

Count:       12 

Operations Area                                              Y. Lee, Ed.
Internet-Draft                                                   Comcast
Intended status: Informational                           August 30, 2010
Expires: March 3, 2011

              Problem Statements of IPv6 Transition of ISP
                     draft-lee-v4v6tran-problem-00

 Abstract

   The IETF has defined a number of technologies and techniques that
   targets the transition from IPv4 to IPv6.  Documented techniques
   identify high level use cases and generalized options for networks.
   Operators may have difficulty attempting to apply the documented
   techniques to their networks since each network and system operates
   uniquely within the global Internet.  Operators may require guidance
   on how to identify the appropriate technology, or technologies, and
   apply them to their specific environments.  This memo describes the
   problem statements related to the transition of operator's networks
   to IPv6.