Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-sury-dnsext-cname-at-apex-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 14:40:01 -0400

Count:       13 

DNSext Working Group                                             O. Sury
Internet-Draft                                                    CZ.NIC
Updates: 1034 (if approved)                              August 18, 2010
Intended status: Standards Track
Expires: February 19, 2011

                         CNAME at the zone apex
                   draft-sury-dnsext-cname-at-apex-00

 Abstract

   This document proposes a modification to CNAME record to coexist with
   SOA and NS records at the zone apex.  This proposal will improve
   aliasing in the DNS system.  The users are often forced to manually
   add duplicate A, AAAA and MX records by copying data from the target
   zone to the aliased zone.  This forces zone owner to keep track of
   target domain name since the mismatch in the data could cause
   failures.  This administrative burden will be eliminated by allowing
   CNAME to coexist with NS and SOA resource records.