Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-arkko-ipv6-transition-guidelines-05.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 14:40:01 -0400

Count:       10 

Network Working Group                                           J. Arkko
Internet-Draft                                                  Ericsson
Intended status: Informational                                  F. Baker
Expires: February 21, 2011                                 Cisco Systems
                                                         August 20, 2010

 Guidelines for Using IPv6 Transition Mechanisms during IPv6 Deployment
               draft-arkko-ipv6-transition-guidelines-05

 Abstract

   The Internet continues to grow beyond the capabilities of IPv4.  An
   expansion in the address space is clearly required.  With its
   increase in the number of available prefixes and addresses in a
   subnet, and improvements in address management, IPv6 is the only real
   option on the table.  Yet, IPv6 deployment requires some effort,
   resources, and expertise.  The availability of many different
   deployment models is one reason why expertise is required.  This
   document discusses the IPv6 deployment models and migration tools,
   and recommends ones that have been found to work well in operational
   networks in many common situations.