Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-hamarsheh-behave-biav2-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 14:40:01 -0400

Count:       21 Behave                                                   A. Hamarsheh
Internet-Draft                        ETRO/Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Obsoletes: 3338 (if approved)                             M. Goossens
Intended status: Experimental         ETRO/Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Expires: March 7, 2011                                August 31, 2010

  Hosts with Any Network Connectivity Using "Bump-in-the-API"(BIA)   
                   draft-hamarsheh-behave-biav2-00                  

 Abstract

This document specifies a mechanism for hosts with any network
 connectivity (IPv4 only, IPv6 only, or dual IPv4/IPv6 
connectivity) to run applications of any capability 
(IPv4 only, IPv6 only, or dual IPv4/IPv6) without any 
modification to those applications. It is a generalisation 
of a previous experimental protocol called "Bump-in-the-API"
(BIA) [RFC3338]. New mechanism of BIA allows a changeover between
the application layer and the IP communication layers from IPv4 
to IPv6 and vice versa or IPv6 to IPv4 and vice versa, without 
requiring those applications to be converted in addressing 
capabilities, effectively shielding the application layer from
IPv4 or IPv6 connectivity. This is considered by the authors to
be one of the essential conditions for the transition to IPv6
in the Internet to be successful.