Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-livingood-dns-malwareprotect-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 14:40:01 -0400

Count:      199 

Internet Engineering Task Force                             T. Creighton
Internet-Draft                                              C. Griffiths
Intended status: Informational                         J. Livingood, Ed.
Expires: March 8, 2011                                           Comcast
                                                                R. Weber
                                                            Unaffiliated
                                                       September 4, 2010

                DNS Redirect for Protection from Malware
                 draft-livingood-dns-malwareprotect-00

 Abstract

   The objective of this document is to describe the design of so-called
   DNS-based malware protection services deployed today by Internet
   Service Providers (ISPs), DNS Application Service Providers (ASPs),
   and other organizations providing so-called DNS-based malware
   protection services via their recursive DNS services, as well as to
   describe the recommended practices regarding such systems.  This
   document specifically and narrowly addresses those cases where DNS
   Redirect is being utilized to provide a service for end users which
   blocks domains hosting malicious software.