Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-xu-name-shim6-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 14:40:00 -0400

Count:       21 

Internet Engineering Task Force                                    M. Xu
Internet-Draft                                                   Z. Ming
Intended status: Experimental                        Tsinghua University
Expires: March 21, 2011                                       J. Ubillos
                                           Swedish Institute of Computer
                                                                 Science
                                                                 C. Vogt
                                                                Ericsson
                                                      September 17, 2010

                       Name Based Sockets - Shim6
                         draft-xu-name-shim6-00

 Abstract

   This document describes and defines shim6 as a mobility solution for
   name-based sockets.  Using names rather than pseudo IP addresses,
   shim6 can handle a more diverse set of mobility scenarios.  These
   changes allow a shim6 session to persist even through cases where one
   node has no working locators to its correspondent node.  If the name
   is also a resolvable fully qualified domain name, the connection can
   be kept alive even if neither node have a working locator to the
   corresponding node.  As can be the case if both nodes are mobile
   simultaneously.