Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-dickson-dnsext-ds2-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 14:40:02 -0400

Count:       75 

dnsext                                                        B. Dickson
Internet-Draft                                             Brian Dickson
Expires: April 24, 2011                                 October 21, 2010

         DNSSEC Delegation Signature with Canonical Signer Name
                      draft-dickson-dnsext-ds2-00

 Abstract

   The Domain Name System Security (DNSSEC) Extensions introduced the DS
   resource record (RR) for authentication of zone delegations.  This
   document introduces an alternative resource record, DS2, which
   similarly provides authentication of zone delegations.  However, DS2
   provides a canonical signer name, for zones whose content may be
   duplicated with multiple owner names.  The zone is signed by the
   canonical signer, and the DS2 record allows for validation using this
   signer name.

Author's Note

   Intended Status: Proposed Standard.