Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-irtf-hiprg-revocation-01.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 14:40:00 -0400

Count:       15 

Network Working Group                                           D. Zhang
Internet-Draft                               Huawei Technologies Co.,Ltd
Intended status: Informational                                D. Kuptsov
Expires: April 26, 2011
                                                                 S. Shen
                                                                   CNNIC
                                                        October 23, 2010

                   Host Identifier Revocation in HIP
                     draft-irtf-hiprg-revocation-01

 Abstract

   This document mainly analyzes the key revocation issue with host
   identities (HIs) in the Host Identity Protocol (HIP).  Generally, key
   revocation is an important functionality of key management systems;
   it is concerned with the issues of removing antique cryptographic
   keys from operational usages when they are not secure or not secure
   enough any more.  This functionality is particularly important for
   the security systems expected to execute for long periods.  This
   document also attempts to investigate several key issues that a
   designer of HI revocation mechanisms need to carefully consider.