Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-kitamura-ipv6-simple-dns-query-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 14:40:05 -0400

Count:       70 Internet Draft                                               H. Kitamura
<draft-kitamura-ipv6-simple-dns-query-00.txt>            NEC Corporation
                                                                  S. Ata
                                                   Osaka City University
Expires March 2011                                      October 18, 2010

        Simplified DNS Query under IPv4/IPv6 Mixed Environment
            <draft-kitamura-ipv6-simple-dns-query-00.txt>

 Abstract

   This document discusses a simplified regular DNS query (resolving
   from a domain name to IP address(es)) method under IPv4/IPv6 mixed
   environment.

   Under IPv4/IPv6 mixed environment, in order to obtain IPv4 and IPv6
   addresses of the node with its one domain name argument by the DNS
   query(ies), it requires for a client to issue two times of DNS
   queries transaction (one for A(IPv4) record query, the other for
   AAAA(IPv6) record query). In shortly to say the current DNS query
   method: "Two DNS queries transaction is required for One domain
   name resolving."

   Two DNS queries transaction method is complicated, inefficient and
   problematic. It is clear that this two DNS queries method is not
   suitable and not optimized for current IPv4/IPv6 mixed environment,
   and this method will never last to the future IPv6 fully deployed
   environment.

   Goals of this document are:
     1. to clarify the problems of current regular DNS query method
     2. to propose a simplified regular DNS query method
        ("One DNS query transaction for One domain name resolving")