Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-sunq-v6ops-ivi-sp-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 14:40:01 -0400

Count:       22 Network Working Group                                       Qiong Sun
Internet Draft                                              Heyu Wang
Intended status: Informational                           China Telecom
Expires: April 18, 2011                                       Xing Li
                                                          CongXiao Bao
                                     CERNET Center/Tsinghua University
                                                            Ming Feng
                                                         China Telecom
                                                      October 18, 2010

      Considerations for Stateless Translation (IVI/dIVI) in Large SP
                                 Network
                      draft-sunq-v6ops-ivi-sp-00.txt

 Abstract

   With the approaching exhaustion of IPv4 address space, large-scale
   SPs are now faced with the only real option to deploy IPv6 in a
   timely manner. In order to achieve smooth transition to IPv6,
   migration tools should be introduced for different deployment models.
   Among different IPv6 transition mechanisms, dIVI is a prefix-specific
   and stateless address mapping method which can directly translate
   IPv4 packet to IPv6 packet. This document describes the challenges
   and requirements for large SP to deploy IPv6 in operational network,
   the experimental results of dIVI in our laboratory and the
   considerations for dIVI deployment in large SP operational network.