Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-wing-v6ops-happy-eyeballs-ipv6-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:40:01 -0400

Count:       21 

v6ops                                                            D. Wing
Internet-Draft                                            A. Yourtchenko
Intended status:  Standards Track                                  Cisco
Expires:  April 16, 2011                                October 13, 2010

     Happy Eyeballs: Trending Towards Success with Dual-Stack Hosts
                draft-wing-v6ops-happy-eyeballs-ipv6-00

 Abstract

   People like their computers to work quickly.  During the transition
   to new technology, both old and new technologies have to peacefully
   co-exist.  However, if users experience connection delays attributed
   to the new technology the new technology will be shunned.

   HTTP ("The Web") is one of the most visible and time-critical
   applications that is used by nearly every Internet user.  It is
   critical that new technologies which improve HTTP not impair or delay
   the display of HTTP content.  It is also important that users retain
   the ability to share URIs amongst friends and colleagues, even if the
   other users have not upgraded to the new technology.

   This draft makes several recommendations to ensure user satisfaction
   and a smooth transition from IPv4 to IPv6 with dual-stack hosts.

   The audience for this draft is application developers and content
   providers.  This draft is discussed on the v6oops mailing list,
   https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v6ops.