Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871bis-02.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 14:40:00 -0400

Count:       66 

DKIM                                                     D. Crocker, Ed.
Internet-Draft                               Brandenburg InternetWorking
Obsoletes: 4871 (if approved)                             T. Hansen, Ed.
Intended status: Standards Track                       AT&T Laboratories
Expires: April 14, 2011                                M. Kucherawy, Ed.
                                                               Cloudmark
                                                        October 11, 2010

              DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Signatures
                     draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871bis-02

 Abstract

   DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) permits a person, role, or
   organization that owns the signing domain to claim some
   responsibility for a message by associating the domain with the
   message.  This can be an author's organization, an operational relay
   or one of their agents.  DKIM separates the question of the identity
   of the signer of the message from the purported author of the
   message.  Assertion of responsibility is validated through a
   cryptographic signature and querying the signer's domain directly to
   retrieve the appropriate public key.  Message transit from author to
   recipient is through relays that typically make no substantive change
   to the message content and thus preserve the DKIM signature.