Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-ietf-eai-rfc5337bis-dsn-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 14:40:02 -0400

Count:       17 

Network Working Group                                     T. Hansen, Ed.
Internet-Draft                                         AT&T Laboratories
Obsoletes: 5337 (if approved)                                  C. Newman
Updates: 3461, 3462, 3464, 3798                         Sun Microsystems
(if approved)                                                A. Melnikov
Intended status: Standards Track                               Isode Ltd
Expires: April 21, 2011                                 October 18, 2010

    Internationalized Delivery Status and Disposition Notifications
                    draft-ietf-eai-rfc5337bis-dsn-00

 Abstract

   Delivery status notifications (DSNs) are critical to the correct
   operation of an email system.  However, the existing Draft Standards
   (RFC 3461, RFC 3462, RFC 3464) are presently limited to US-ASCII text
   in the machine-readable portions of the protocol.  This specification
   adds a new address type for international email addresses so an
   original recipient address with non-US-ASCII characters can be
   correctly preserved even after downgrading.  This also provides
   updated content return media types for delivery status notifications
   and message disposition notifications to support use of the new
   address type.

   This document extends RFC 3461, RFC 3462, RFC 3464, and RFC 3798.  It
   replaces the experimental RFC 5337.