Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-hallambaker-donotissue-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 14:40:01 -0400

Count:       26 

Internet Engineering Task Force                          P. Hallam-Baker
Internet-Draft                                         Comodo Group Inc.
Intended status: Experimental                               R. Stradling
Expires: April 21, 2011                                  Comodo CA, Ltd.
                                                        October 18, 2010

    DNS Certification Authority Authorization (CAA) Resource Record
                    draft-hallambaker-donotissue-00

 Abstract

   The Certification Authority Authorization (CAA) DNS Resource Record
   allows a DNS domain name holder to specify the certificate signing
   certificate(s) authorized to issue certificates for that domain.  CAA
   resource records allow a public Certification Authority to implement
   additional controls to reduce the risk of unintended certificate mis-
   issue.  In additon, the CAA mechanism may be extended in future
   revisions to allow for use client enforcement of issuing
   restrictions.