Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-baker-bmwg-testing-eyeball-happiness-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 14:40:01 -0500

Count:       10 

IPv6 Operations                                                 F. Baker
Internet-Draft                                             Cisco Systems
Intended status: Informational                          November 7, 2010
Expires: May 11, 2011

                       Testing Eyeball Happiness
             draft-baker-bmwg-testing-eyeball-happiness-00

 Abstract

   A barrier to the deployment of IPv6 is the amount of time it takes to
   open a session using common transport APIs in dual stack networks and
   networks with filtering such as proposed in BCP 38.  This note
   describes a test that can be used by a manufacturer or network
   operator to determine whether an application adequately meets the
   "happy eyeballs" requirements.  This test is not a test of a specific
   algorithm, but of the external behavior of the system as a black box.
   Any algorithm that has the intended external behavior will be
   accepted by it.