Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-ietf-dane-protocol-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 14:40:01 -0500

Count:       48 

Network Working Group                                         P. Hoffman
Internet-Draft                                            VPN Consortium
Intended status: Standards Track                             J. Schlyter
Expires: June 16, 2011                                          Kirei AB
                                                       December 13, 2010

  Using Secure DNS to Associate Certificates with Domain Names For TLS
                      draft-ietf-dane-protocol-00

 Abstract

   TLS and DTLS use certificates for authenticating the server.  Users
   want their applications to verify that the certificate provided by
   the TLS server is in fact associated with the domain name they
   expect.  Instead of trusting a certification authority to have made
   this association correctly, the user might instead trust the
   authoritative DNS server for the domain name to make that
   association.  This document describes how to use secure DNS to
   associate the TLS server's certificate with the the intended domain
   name.