Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsext-rsa-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 06:49:13 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RSA/SHA-1 SIGs and RSA KEYs in the Domain Name System 
                         (DNS)
	Author(s)	: D. Eastlake 3rd
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dnsext-rsa-01.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 11-Sep-00
	
Since the adoption of a Proposed Standard for RSA signatures in the
DNS [RFC 2537], advances in hashing have been made.  A new DNS
signature algorithm is defined to make these advances available in
SIG resource records (RRs).  The use of the previously specified
weaker mechanism is deprecated.  The algorithm number of the RSA KEY
RR is changed to correspond to this new SIG algorithm.  No other
changes are made to DNS security.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-rsa-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dnsext-rsa-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-rsa-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.