Subject: list policy

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 03:00:00 -0700

[email-masked] is the mailing list for the ietf dnsext wg.  see
<http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/dnsext-charter.html> for the wg charter.
messages should be on topics appropriate to the dnsext wg, which are various
discussion of the dns protocols or administrivia of the wg itself.  the list
is moderated.

calls for papers, announcements of events not directly relevant to the dns
protocols, etc. are not appropriate.  discussion of problems with particular
implementations, announcements of releases, sites' misconfigurations, etc.
should be done on mailing lists for the particular implementations.

there is a wg for dns operational practice, dnsop, whose charter can be
found at <http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/dnsop-charter.html>.

there is a mailing list for discussion of whose implementation is better,
and why someone else's is broken.  it is [email-masked].  all
discussions of such nature should occur there or on /dev/null.  unlike the
namedroppers list, [email-masked] is not archived.

discussion of this policy is a topic for the poisson wg.  poisson's charter
can be found at <http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/poisson-charter.html>.

to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.