Subject: DNS URLs and MIME types

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Feb 2001 15:19:18 +0100

Dear wg,

I'm not sure if these documents would fall within the charter of this
wg, but I'd appreciate comments from the DNS expertise here.

I believe both of these are quite useful if more non-DNS related data
are stored within DNS.  Since I gather that many disagrees that to be
a good thing to start with, I also think that at least the MIME type
for DNS data has some usefulness, when automating transports of DNS
data -- for example sending KEY and SIG's between registry/registrant
via mail or http.

N.B., the drafts are very sketchy.

/Simon

MIME types for DNS data:

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-josefsson-mime-dns-01.txt

URL format for DNS resources:

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-josefsson-dns-url-00.txt

to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.